Feeling like I'm losing it again - Part 4

"Seth, Seth!" Dean shouted, rushing to catch up with the younger man running in front of him, a handful of his hair still held tightly by Dean. 

Seth was doing all he could to get his weak body away from Dean. He knew the man would ask questions and Seth didn't know if he had the strength to lie anymore, that's why it was important for him to keep running. No one could know.

His dreams of getting away however, were shortly crushed when Dean caught up to him. It wasn't hard now a days with Seth's condition. Dean grabbed the other's arm and pulled him into a near by, empty, locker room.

"Seth, what's going on man? Why's your hair falling out like that?" Dean asked, slightly out of breath from running, but still holding onto the handful of hair tightly.

"I don't know man, maybe it's just stress. You don't need to worry about me." Seth sighed, struggling to continue with his act of being 'fine.'

"Look, I know you're lying. Massive clumps of hair don't just fall out like that. Plus you collapsed in the hotel yesterday. I'm not trying to dig into your life, I just wanna know what's wrong so I can help." Dean said, pleadingly.

Seth didn't know what to say. He couldn't lie anymore, he was too tired. He tried his best to keep his emotions in, but within seconds he was a sobbing mess in front of Dean.

"I-I." Seth sniffed, trying to calm himself down so that he could say the next, poisonous words. "I have cancer." 

The atmosphere of the room became tense and silent. Dean didn't know how to react to such a bold line. This could mean the end of Seth's life. Dean was simply just watching the younger man waste away.

Seth's cries of pain brought Dean's mind back into reality. He held the weak man in a loving embrace as he tried to make sense of the situation and comfort Seth at the same time. It was unlike any moment he had ever experienced before.

"C'mon, let's go back to the hotel and we can talk about this some more." Dean said soothingly, wishing that this was all a big joke and that Seth was his normal, smirking self.

"O-okay." Seth hiccuped, enjoying being held. For the first time in a long time, he didn't feel lonely.

The two men made it back to Dean's hotel room and sat themselves on the sofa, enjoying a nice mug of coffee each. Dean still wasn't sure about how to approach the situation, and stayed silent hoping that Seth would start the conversation. Luckily, he did.

"Acutelymphocytic leukemia. That's what I have." Seth started, taking a deep breath before continuing. "There's cells growing rapidly in my blood and I have to get chemo. I had my first session just before you saw me collapse. I know that I'm getting the medication I need and the cancer isn't terminal, but I can just feel it inside me that I-I'm gonna die."

"Hey, don't say stuff like that. You'll be fine, you can beat this. And if you want I'll be with you every step of the way. I know we don't see eye to eye anymore, but we were once brother's and I can't stand to watch a former brother of mine go through so much pain. Please, let me help you." Dean said, tears beginning to form.

"You don't need to help me, I'm fine on my own." Seth argued, not wanting to get close to anyone.

"Well, at least let me take you home after your chemo sessions. I don't want you collapsing every time you get that done." Dean negotiated.

"Alright fine, but you can't tell anyone about this. I don't want people knowing. You and Hunter are the only ones that know." Seth sighed.

"Okay, I respect that but what about Roman?" Dean asked, knowing that his brother would want to help at a time like this.

"Maybe in a week or so, but just wait until I'm ready. I don't know if I want him to know about it yet."

"Alright, I'm fine with that."

The two men spent the rest of the night together catching up on everything that had happened during their time apart. Seth spoke about his condition in more detail and told Dean when the next chemo session was. It wasn't looking bright for Seth, but at least he had someone to help him through it now.