Me, my thoughts and I - Part 5

When Seth awoke the next morning, he felt rather nauseous. It was something he had gotten used to over the past month or so, but that didn't make it enjoyable in the slightest. He made his way to the bathroom and sat down by the toilet, waiting for the inevitable vomit to appear. It didn't take long for the vile substance to make it's way up Seth's throat.

The unsettling feeling in his stomach slowly calmed down and he was left feeling a lot better. His throat however, was very sore from the amount of acidic liquid it had dealt with recently. Seth casually took his medication and started to get ready for the day. Luckily, he didn't have a match tonight. He just had to film two interviews and then deliver a promo on SmackDown.

Seth was worried to come into contact with Dean. They had got along well last night, but there was a slight nagging feeling in the back of Seth's head telling him that the older man was just pitying him. He didn't want pity.

An aching pain began to form in Seth's head, and he knew that painkillers would do nothing to help it. He was gonna be stuck with this headache all day. The thought of that made him miserable. If living with cancer wasn't already enough to drag out his day, he now had to deal with this splitting pain which was pounding at his temples.

Seth slowly made his way out of the hotel room, and caught a taxi to the arena. He arrived early hoping a change of scenery would make him feel better. It didn't. Instead, he felt more drained out and judged by everyone he passed on the way to the locker room.

His appearance didn't help. His pale, sweating face and dark, circled eyes were definitely attracting strange looks from his peers. Seth had never been so pale before, he had always been rather tanned so to turn up to the arena looking like this, shocked quite a few people. The stares didn't help to strengthen Seth's confidence either.

Seth headed to catering and filled his plate with a few pieces of bread and mango. He was hoping that the 'meal' wouldn't affect his stomach too much. He managed to eat half of what was on his plate, before he started to feel sick. The small grumble in his stomach only intensified the pain in his head.

He chucked the rest of his food away and decided to make a visit to the bathroom. The bathroom had become his sanctuary at the arena. Not many people used it, so Seth was able to sit on the cool, tiled floor in peace. The cold temperature of the room helped to keep his body heat down and the quietness of the room reduced the pain of his headache. It was very relaxing for Seth.

Eventually however, Seth had to leave. He just about had enough time to apply some make up, onto his face to make him look more tan, before he headed to the interview area. The interviews were annoying and a waste of his time, but it had to be done. Once it was over, Seth retreated back to the bathroom.

When he arrived, he was shocked to see that Dean was in the room washing his hands.

"Oh, hey man, how're feeling?" Dean asked, grabbing a paper towel and drying his hands.

"I'm managing." Seth sighed. "Got a killer headache though."

"Oh that sucks. Is there anything I can do to help?" Dean asked, generally looking concerned.

"Nah, I'm good." Seth replied, sitting down on his sacred floor.

"Aren't you cold sitting in here?" Dean mentioned, after standing in silence for five minutes and watching Seth.

"No, it feels nice on my skin." Seth replied, soothingly.

"Why? Do you feel hot?" Dean asked, confused as to why Seth was so happy to sit in a rather chilly bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm burning up. It's all a part of the process." Seth said, casually talking about the life threatening illness that he had.

"Oh right." Dean replied, realizing what Seth meant. "Well, if you don't mind, I think I'm gonna go and get ready for my match. Do you wanna come with me or are you okay in here?"

"I'm just gonna stay in here for a bit and cool off before my promo."

"Alright, see you later then." Dean sighed, hating seeing Seth in so much pain and distress.

"Yeah, see ya." Seth mumbled back, closing his eyes and relaxing once again.

__________

Seth was back in his hotel room, lying on the king sized bed. His promo went relatively well and the crowd reacted according to plan. He hadn't seen Dean since their small conversation in the bathroom, but something inside of Seth, probably the loneliness, wished he would have bumped into the older man once the show had finished.

Any company was good company now a days. Seth contemplated calling Dean and asking him to visit, but he was too worried that he would sound clingy. That would give Dean an even bigger reason to pity him.

Seth remembered that he had his second session of chemotherapy on the upcoming Thursday, only one day and two nights away. Although he didn't want anyone seeing him go through such a horrible treatment, he also didn't want to be lonely through out it all. He decided to message Dean and ask if he wanted to come with him to the session.

Dean replied instantly and said that he was free to go. They then texted for another hour before they said their goodbyes and went to bed. Knowing that Dean was coming to the hospital with him made him feel a lot less nervous. 

It was nice to finally have someone by his side.