Dying is your latest fashion - Part 7

"How long does it take to get your chemo done?" Dean asked, as the two men prepared for Seth to have his treatment. Seth had been given time to recover after his black out and had stayed in hospital over night, with Dean by his side.

"It usually takes up to two hours." Seth replied, his stomach churning from worry. He hated having the treatment, but he knew there was no way out of it. For starters, he was already at the hospital and it didn't help that Dean wouldn't leave him alone. 

During the past month, all Seth really wanted was to have some company, but now that he's got it he's decided that it's not all that great. He feels too overcrowded. He just needs some time to himself to think about everything that's happening.

"Alright, do you wanna grab a bite to eat first? Keep your strength up?" Dean suggested, feeling slightly awkward sat next to his upset friend.

"No thanks, I don't think I can hold it down." Seth mumbled back, just wanting to have some peace and quiet.

"Okay, well I'm gonna get myself a coffee and maybe even a slice of cake. Are you sure you're not interested?" Dean said, trying to tempt the younger man.

Seth didn't reply. Instead he watched Dean walk out the room. A huge weight lifted off of his shoulders, only to be crushed back onto them when a certain person walked into the room.

"Hey." Roman said, trying to sound as friendly as possible. Seth had no clue that Roman knew about his 'illness' so he was rather confused as to why the older man was in the room with him. "How're you holding up?"

"I'm fine." Seth sighed, sounding annoyed. "Why're you here?"

"Uh well, I saw you at work when you passed out, and then Dean told me about what's been going on." Roman replied, hesitantly.

"Dean told you?" Seth shouted out, utterly disgusted that his friend would do that to him and shocked that he would ever even think about breaking their promise.

"Look Seth, don't get mad about it. I'm only here to help you." Roman tried to argue, in a kind way.

"Well your help isn't needed. Bye." 

"Seth, I'm not leaving. Not until we've talked about this. I just want to make sure that you're comfortable with me helping you out. We're all friends, it's not like I'm gonna go and blurt it out to the media."

"Yeah, well Dean said he wouldn't tell anyone, but he told you." Seth replied, rudely. "Oh well, I'm gonna die anyway so who cares?" He sighed. "You're forgiven."

"Forgiven? What did I do?" Roman laughed at Seth's lame attitude, he'd missed it.

"I don't know, but I'm sick so just deal with it."

"Whatever." Roman sighed. "I'll see you around, good luck with the chemo."

"Yeah, see ya." Seth replied, happy to finally have a moments rest.

Dean sat by Seth's side whilst he was getting his treatment a few hours later. The two men bonded a lot during the small amount of time they spent together, it helped to keep Seth's mind off the pain. Once the chemo was over, the two men made their way back to the hotel.

"Y'know something Seth?" Dean asked, lying down next to the younger man.

"What?" Seth replied, wondering what rubbish would come out of Dean's mouth.

"I really like you." Dean said, making Seth laugh.

"That was so random, I like you too dumb ass." Seth replied, trying to think why Dean would say something like that.

"No, I mean that I really like you." Dean stressed, leaning up slightly.

"Well, we we're best friends. The feelings mutual."

"No you don't get it." Dean groaned. "I like you a lot, more than a friend."

The room went silent. Seth was shocked to say the least, they had only just became friends again after the betrayal and now Dean was coming out with this bombshell. Seth thought for a minute for different reasons of why Dean might say something as stupid as that.

"Is it because I'm dying?" Seth asked, hoping that it wasn't, because he didn't need anyone's pity. Especially Dean's.

"What? Of course it isn't!" Dean snapped back. "Why would you even think that?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe because I am dying?" Seth shot back, with a lot of unneeded attitude. "Why would you like me anyway?"

"I don't know why. I just do! Why can't you accept that?" Dean seemed to be really upset.

"Cause there's a lot going on right now and I can't deal with anything else." Seth said, broken.

"Look, I'm sorry that I just blurted it out like that, but you have to stop ignoring your future. You're not gonna die Seth." Dean said, getting up to leave the room. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see ya." Seth replied, wiping away a stray tear.