It's the start of the end - Part 3

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Dean woke up in the middle of the night and was unable to get back to sleep. His mind was racing through different scenarios of what could be wrong with Seth. Had he caught a bug, or was it something more serious than that?

A few hours passed and the sun began to rise over the dark, night sky. Day light was on its way and Dean could not be more ready for the morning to finally arrive. He hated staying in bed when he couldn't sleep, the morning gave him a reason to get up.

Dean's mind was still thinking about one thing. Seth. What was wrong with him? Why was he acting so strange? Why did Dean care? In all honesty, Dean didn't know why he cared about Seth's health so much. But he did.

Dean made the most of being awake so early by going to the gym, having a much needed and long shower and going to the 'all you can eat' breakfast buffet. Dean didn't really eat much though, the thoughts about Seth were making him feel a bit nauseous.

It wasn't everyday that your ex best friend collapsed in the corridor. It was everyday however, that Dean had work (apart from Thursdays), but today was Monday so Dean needed to get to the arena and prepare for his match. Which coincidentally, was against Seth.

As he made his way down the hotel corridor he decided to knock on Seth's door to see if he was okay. He didn't answer so Dean guessed that he was already on his way to the arena. Workaholic.

The arena was packed with wrestlers and crew when Dean got there, but he didn't want to see any of them. He only wanted to see one person in particular and that person was nowhere to be found.

Dean knew that he would see Seth at some point before and after their match so he wasn't too bothered about finding him. On his way to the locker room, he decided to make a quick detour to the bathroom. A man's gotta do his business. The bathroom was empty when Dean arrived so he did what he had to do and was about to leave, when someone stormed through the door.

The person, which Dean could identify as Seth, ran straight past him and into one of the stalls where he began to vomit violently, with his head in the toilet. Dean's worry for Seth's condition worsened as he witnessed the scene before him. First he collapses and now he's puking his guts out, what's going on?

Once Seth had finished, he flushed the chain and reluctantly stood up, wiping some left over vomit from his mouth. When he saw Dean stood behind him, with a concerned look on his face, he jumped.

"Are you alright, man?" Dean asked, trying not to make the situation too awkward.

"Uh, yeah. Just something I ate." Seth replied, his voice sound weak and tired.

"Are you gonna be good for our match tonight?" Dean asked, wondering if Seth really did have food poisoning. Was it possible for a person to collapse from food poisoning? Maybe that happened because of dehydration and lack of salts. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Seth replied, feeling extremely awkward in his current situation. The two men never talked, apart from on promos, and even then it was usually rude and aggressive comments, not kind and caring questions. "I should get going." Seth sighed, wanted so badly to eat a mint.

"Yeah, of course. See you later." 

Seth left the room and rushed to catering, where there was a vending machine that had some mint gum. He got the gum and chewed on it for the rest of the afternoon, hating the after taste of vomit. This was something he had gotten used to over the past month, but that didn't change his hate for the side effect.

Seth managed to avoid everyone backstage, after his encounter with Dean, so that he didn't have to make any excuses as to why he looked so bad. An hour before him match however, someone in the locker room, not anyone that Seth knew of, commented on the bruise that was appearing on his neck and collar bone. 

Seth hadn't noticed the bruise at first, but once he saw it on his body he realized how big it really was. Plus it was easy to see, which made him feel self-conscious.

On his way to the ring, a few crew members mentioned the bruise to him as well. He just ignored them and tried to forget about the fact that he was dying. The attention that the bruise brought however, made it hard to forget about the horrible illness that he had.

He made his way out to the ring and pulled off his evil smirk, as always, making sure to act as normal as possible so no one would notice that something was terribly wrong. The match started with a punch to the side of the head from Ambrose, that would definitely leave a bruise to keep the other one company.

Around half way into the match, Dean grabbed a handful of Seth's hair and pulled it to try and get him on the ground. Dean's eyes went wide when the handful of hair he was holding fell out of Seth's head so easily. He didn't even have to pull it that much. Dean's worry for Seth instantly became worse. Food poisoning doesn't make your hair fall out.

After the match Dean was gonna talk to Seth and he wasn't going to leave the arena until he got answers.