9 It's a trap?

~Scar’s POV~

            We had all just finished eating and it was delicious. We all got up and The Great Witch came over to hug me. When she did, though, something seemed wrong. She was walking slowly and she had a fake smile on her face.

            “NO!” I felt someone run in front of me and he screamed in pain. I looked and saw Chance on the ground with a knife in his stomach. The Great Witch gasped and yanked it out.

            “Look what you did you fool!” Chance started gasping in pain and suddenly there were seven werewolves in here. They were attacking all the guards and the Great Witch went to go after Aiden. I fell to my knees and laid Chances head on my lap. He looked up at me with sad eyes.

            “I’m sorry. I didn’t know she was going to try and kill you until I saw her pull out the knife. I knew I couldn’t just sit and watch her kill you or your baby so I had to do something. Listen it’s not a curse upon your family, she scared you into believing that. It is a seal and if she were to break that seal,” He stopped speaking and closed his eyes and winced in pain and then he started breathing deeply again. “It would’ve killed you and she would’ve had a lot of power and would rule our world and yours.” I cupped his face in one of my hands and cried.

            “Please don’t die, I just got you again. You can’t leave me, you are my best friend and nothing ever changed that. I don’t care about her or anyone right now. I just want you to live.” I cried harder and he shook his head.

            “Don’t cry baby girl I’m glad you’re the last thing I get to see before I die.” He smiled up at me and I tried to stop crying, but it wouldn’t work. I kissed his forehead and he groaned in pain again.  “She tipped it in poison; she really likes to make others suffer.” He said weakly. Tears came flooding out again as I kept trying to get him to stay with me.

            I looked behind me and saw the others fighting the guards off and I sworn I saw the last one go down, all that was left was The Great Witch and the seven werewolves. They attacked her but she was powerful enough to block them. I turned my attention back to Chance who was now slowing down his breathing way to much. I stroked his face. He went limp in my arms.

            “No! NO! NO! CHANCE!” I yelled crying even harder.

            “Child! What is your problem? Have you forgotten you’re a mermaid and that you can heal him? It’s not too late.” I saw Clarisse next to me. I nodded my head and saw a glass of water. I bended the water over to me and I then remembered how to extract poison from a wound. This would take all my energy but it was worth it. I heated the water.

            “Chance, this will hurt a little bit but you have to stay with me.” He nodded his head and screamed in pain when I put the water in the wound and cleansed it of all the poison, I pulled it out of his body and put it back in a bowl that was on the table. I then put my hands on the bleeding wound and began healing it. That’s all I remember before passing out on him.

            A few hours later I had awoken in a bed in a very familiar hospital room with another bed next to mine. I saw Chance was on oxygen and was asleep. I was too weak to move so I just stared at him.

            “He’s lucky you we’re there to save him and that you knew what to do.” Arson said entering the room. I slowly moved my head and looked at him.

            “So he’s going to be ok?” Arson nodded his head. I fell back into a peaceful sleep.

Dream:

            I stood on the bottom of the sea and noticed I didn’t have a tail; I look around and saw a boy swim up and in front of me. He smiled and waved at me and he too had no tail.

            “Hi mommy.” I gawked at him. This boy looked the age of 6 or 7. “Mommy, it’s me, Drake. You were very brave today, just like you are every other day.” I looked at Drake and he resembled his father so much, the only thing he didn’t get from him was his eyes. I smiled because he had my eyes. “Mommy, you’re going to be seeing me a lot sooner than you think. I want you to know I’m going to be born prematurely.”

            “How do you know this?” I took a step towards him and he just had a big, huge smile on his face.

            “I just know, mommy. I can’t wait to see you and daddy. I know you both will love me so much. Much of your troubles from here out should be gone, but just like everything in life, nothing will be completely perfect.” I shook my head and kept walking towards him.

            “You certainly get your smarts from me, it obviously didn’t come from your dad.” We both laughed and he just stood there with arms open, waiting for me. I took this as a chance and I ran towards him and picked him up hugging him.

End:

My eyes fluttered open and I had a soft smile across my face. I had just seen my child for the first time, I then saw Aiden walk in. He looked pretty beat up, he had bruised arms, a bandaged stomach, a bruise on his left cheek, cuts all over him, and a black eye. I giggled and he came and sat next to my bed.

“Hey beautiful.” I said laughing even harder. He rolled his eyes and rested a hand on my stomach. I leaned up and kissed him causing him to wince in pain. He also had a busted lip. I just let out a laugh and then looked at Chance. That’s when I remembered everything.