The basement

TATES P.O.V:

I watched her from the window as she took out the trash bags with her earbuds in loudly. She glanced in my direction but I knew she couldn't see me. I made sure she couldn't. Her dark hair flowed down her back and was being blown slightly by the wind, revealing her face a little better. I parted my lips in awe as I admired her.

"You can't have her.." Violet said as she now stood next to me. "You can't ruin her life too." She bitterly said.

"Shut up." I whispered.

"What happened to waiting forever?" Violet chuckled bitterly and tilted her head as she also studied Alice from the window.

"I have!" I said getting frustrated at her. "It's been 40 fucking years!" I yelled making her jump. "For what?" I shook my head keeping my eyes glued on Alice. Her innocence to all this. To the world I lived in. Her beauty. Her smile... "I'm done waiting for you. I've been alone. I've been cold. And the promises you once made were broken. I know I'm never getting you back. And I don't care anymore. I'm completely numb to that thought!" I sighed. Shaking my head I turned to her. Her face filled with shock. "Over the years I slowly lost interest in you." I sighed.

"But you still care Tate." She said monotoned to the thought.

I shook my head and turned to her. "No I don't. I don't care anymore. "

"I'm not going to let you destroy her life. Besides you don't deserve love. " she bitterly said with hate high in her voice.

"Go away!" I firmly said. She didn't budge just kept her big eyes glued on me. I kept my gaze out the window at Alice who sat on the curb pulling out a cigaret her parents were at work so she wouldn't get caught. "Go away!" I yelled. And when I turned I realized she did.

I watched Alice as she got up and made her way back to the house and through the front door which was next to the window I stood at. She sighed as she shut it. I tilted my head in curiosity as she looked around and lingered at the entrance.

"Big house.." She mumbled before retreating up stairs. I followed her like a shadow, like the ghost I was until we got to her room. She sat on her bed scrolling through the songs on her phone. I sat across from her my presence still invisible to her. She hummed a tune softly making me smile.

I glanced down at her phone to check the time. I was supposed to meet her in precisely 2 minutes. Hmm...

I retreated back downstairs....

ALICE'S P.O.V:

"Hey Alice!" I heard Tate call from downstairs. I quickly got up and rushed down but tried to play it cool .

"Hey Tate!" I smiled to him. He returned it with a nod and a small thin smile.

"To the basement?" I raised an eyebrow.

He tilted his head and smirked.

"Yeah." He walked past me
Quickly excited to get down there. Surprisingly it seemed like he knew this place like the back of his hand or better.

I followed him until he stopped at the door of the basement and took my hand. Slowly he led me down the stairs. It was dark and musty. It smelled foul causing me to scrunch up my nose.

"Ok .." He mumbled as he reached his hand out for the switch to the light. I heard a click and instantly dim light filled the room.

"Wow.." I whispered as I looked around. "It's bigger than I expected.." I said turning to him. He smirked.

"Yeah.." He leaned against the wall his arms crossed. "I get that alot." He chuckled. I shook my head at his joke and felt my face go red. "what!?" He smirked. "I was kidding!"