Psychopath

TATES P.O.V:
"How come you dont stop by and hangout as much anymore?" She asked me sweetly as she turned to lay on her side facing me. We laid on her bed, i looked up to the cieling avoiding her question.

"How come you have so many questions? All the time." I sighed out.

"Because... you never tell me anything." She  sighed. There was an awkward pause. Silence filling the air.

I couldnt tell her anything and i didnt have the heart to lie to her either. Then why would i keep coming? Lately i havent been here in a while... because i shouldnt be here. But at the same time i cant get the thought of her out of my mind or... not miss her company. Besides that i needed to protect her. From this house and the "people" in it.

"Tate ill be honest with you.." her voice said cutting through my thoughts. "I like you. I really really like you." She nervously stuttered out and bit her bottom lip. My attention snapped to hers a grin spreading on my face.

"You do?" I breathed out.

She chuckled and nodded as she sat up. "Yeah i do."

I sat up and studied her. I brushed a piece of hair away from her face and couldnt help the smile that was on mine. "Well Alice.. i really really like you too." She smiled.

"You do?" She asked her eyes lighting up.

"Well duh!" I winked. She chuckled.

She liked me. She really liked me. I couldnt fight the happiness that surged in me or the fact that i was smiling like an idiot. And for a blissful second i was almost able to forget about everything. All the torture and murder and filth that went on in this god forsaken house. I knew for a fact that i didnt stand a chance with Alice. I knew for a fact that she didnt deserve me. The smile on my face quickly faded as these vile thoughts swarmed my head.

"No." I shook my head standing up from the bed.

"What?" She asked in confusion.

"You need to stop this.." i said speaking to myself. "Stop it!" I yelled to myself. "You cant keep playing these games..." i whispered hitting myself in the head with my hands and tughing on my hair to calm down.

Alice stood up and swiftly walked to me her face full of confusion. She opened her mouth.... she was speaking... but i couldnt hear any of her words.

Your a psychopath..

I heard my mothers voice say in my head. It repeated and grew louder.

Your a psycopath Tate Langdon...

"Stop it..." i mumbled to myself as i shut my eyes tightly.

And thats all youll ever be..

Everything grew quiet.. i opened my eyes i blinked looking around the room in confusion. Eventually my eyes landed on Alice who looked both frightened and concerned.

"Tate..?" She whispered.
I opened my mouth but couldnt form any words... what would i tell her?

This needed to stop..
She needs better.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"You need to stop talking to me." I said harshly avoiding her eyes and clenching my teeth.

"What why?"

I avoided that question. "I need to stop coming by. Trust me Alice your butter off without me." I angrily said.

"Tate your making no sense why would u say that?" Her voice rose as she spoke. I tried to open the door to leave but she moved to stop me pushing the door close.

"Dont leave." She firmly said. "Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong."

"No. Stop it. Im doing you a favor. Now move away from the door." I commanded.

"No. Why are you doing this?" She yelled at me. I looked into her eyes which were filled with tears.

"Because im a monster Alice!" I yelled shoving her against the door my hands clenched around her arms tightly. I looked at her and realized what i was doing. She looked ... scared. Scared of me.

"I wont hurt you." I said. I let go of her and she moved. I opened the door and left.