Violet

"Hi." I said as I studied the girl who knocked on my door. Around my age she had light brown hair and wide eyes.

"Hi.." She trailed off and looked past me into the house. She gave me a weak smile then said. "I'm violet. I heard you just moved in."

"A few weeks ago. Yeah." I replied. There was an awkward pause.

"So how do you like it in the neighborhood?" She asked tilting her head and smiling at me. Her wide eyes giving me nervous chills.

"It's ok. I mostly stay at home." I mumbled.

"Oh." She hummed out. "Make any new friends?"

I raised my eyebrow at the awkward question. "Uh yeah I guess.."

"Well that's great. We should hang out sometime Alice." She said shifting her feet.

I scrunched up my face in confusion. "How did you..?" I trailed off.

"What ? " she smiled and asked me.

"How did you know my name?" I asked her.

"You told me..." She mumbled.

I shook my head at her getting an uneasy feeling. " no, no I didn't. " I backed a little into the house but remained at the door way. "I don't remember saying my name. " I said.

"Well maybe you forgot silly." She said and bit her lip. "Well" she said after a pause. "I should be going. Why don't you tell Tate I said hi." It came out sarcastically.

"Wait you know Tate? " I asked.

"Somewhat. Why don't you ask him about me. We go way back. " she smirked at me then turned around to leave. I closed the door and when I looked back out the window she was gone.

I retreated back upstairs where Tate and I were hanging out. He was sitting criss cross on my bed playing with my old Rubix cube.

"Who was at the door?" He asked as he focused on trying to solve it.

"Uh well some girl. Said she knew you.." I sat next to him. He looked at me confused. "Said her name was Violet?" It came out more of a question.

Instantly his face went white and pale. His eyes widened a little.

Tate's P.O.V:

"Said her name was violet?" She said more like a question.

I felt the color drain from my face. I knew violet hated me and didn't want me around Alice but i didn't think she would go so far as to actually talk to Alice let alone say she knew me. Fuck.

"That bitch.." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" Alice asked confused and didn't fully hear what I said.

"Nothing. What else did she say?" I felt my temper rise up.

"Nothing just asked how I was doing since I moved in. Who is she? " Alice asked leaning against the head of the bed.

I ran my fingers through my hair and from the corner of my eye I saw violet leaning against the wall staring right at me. She cocked an eyebrow and glared.

"Tate?" My attention snapped back at Alice who couldn't see violet.

Shit. What do I say?

"Uh sorry. She's my... Ex. " I stumbled out.

"Oh." Alice said awkwardly. "Well how'd you guys break up?"

She killed herself and found out I raped her mother. No biggie.

"Uh we just mutually thought it wasn't working. " I pressed my lips into a thin line and nodded.

"Oh ok. " she said.

There was a long pause.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked eager to change subject.

"Sure." She shrugged and smiled.

"Alright.." I sighed out as I got up and went down stairs to the living room where the TV was. She followed.

She can't know..

Alice P.O.V:

I looked up at Tate, my head resting on his shoulder, he continued to keep his eyes on the movie though I felt like his mind was somewhere else. Halloween one was playing in the background though I felt as if I couldn't pay attention to it. Tate's been hanging around me a lot. And I couldn't complain. I liked his company. But who was Violet? I know it was his ex but I felt like there was more. I felt almost jealous of her and I wonder if he still has any feelings for her. When I asked him about her he seemed a little upset. I glanced outside the window. Rain hitting it hard. It was storming which made the room a little dark and gloomy. The tv lit up most of the room.

Tate's arm was resting around my shoulder keeping me warm. He glanced down at me and back to the tv screen. It's funny how easily we got close he knew a lot about me but the thing was that I barely knew anything about him. And I wanted to know. I wanted to know how he grew up, his favorite foods, his parents, even his last name. But every time I would ask him or bring it up he avoids the question or changes the subject.

I sat up and turned to him. He glanced at me and chuckled, smirking a little, then looked back at the movie.

"Tate?" I said.

"Alice?" He replied.

"Tate. Tell me stuff about you?" I asked.

He laughed lightly. "Why?"

"Because you know a lot of shit about me. Some of it pathetic, some of it embarrassing, some of it stupid. But I literally know nothing about you." I sighed out. He smiled lightly at me then took in a deep breath.

"There's nothing interesting about me.." He whispered looking back at the tv.

"Maybe not to you.." I said.

"How about" he sighed and cleared his throat. His eyes met mine and softened. "How about I tell you one thing a day?" He asked.

I nodded and bit my lip. "Sure." I mumbled.

"Ok. " he studied me.

"Ok. " I replied. "You can start now." I chuckled.

He smiled at my eagerness. "Um. Ok. My favorite color is, currently, blue." He grinned.

"Ok. What else?" I asked biting my lip.

"One a day remember?" He chuckled.

"Ugh. Ok." I rolled my eyes and grinned at him.

"Come here." He said as he put his arm around me and pulled me closer, the movie still playing.

His hand went down to my wrist he thumbed my old scars then took my hand.