Edge

I locked myself in that room. My breath was heavy and my nerves on edge, though all of that was slowly drowning down with whatever the hell that bartender spiked my soda with. My parents were monsters, or maybe this was paranoia taking over me? Driving me mad? Tate, he was the only thing real in my life. Though his presence was somewhat of an absence, he was there, protective, comforting, safe, yet cold all in the same way. Something i probably shouldnt have or need. I liked that. Ive always liked what wasnt good for me.

Being the edgy teen i was, i slid down the back of the door and sat against the floor instead of the bed. Studying the room in all its glory as i drank my soda.

"You're a pretty one." A slightly raspy voice startled me as a figure of a woman walked out from my bathroom in a robe. Hair frizzed, she held a cigarette, and wore too much makeup. My stomache sank with fright. "And all for me?" she rang out in a small tone as she looked to me with a grin.

"Who the hell are you?" i snapped.

"The names Sally." she was quick to respond and made me feel uneasy. "You're a little young to be by yourself.." trailing off, she walked to sit on the bed. I watched her every move and seemed to be frozen in place.

"The amount of times ive heard that.."i whispered in a cold tone. She took a drag before blowing out smoke. "Whyre you in my room."i muttered taking a sip of the soda, trying to be cool and calm.

She shrugged and paused before giving out a small 'Hmph'. "Free country aint it?" she said in a tone that held some bite before giving a soft chuckle.

"Partly." I muttered.

"Whats your name kid?" she questioned.

"Whats it matter Sally?" I snapped.

"Jesus." she licked her lips smearing a bit of her lipstick. "Who pissed in your cherrios?" she raised a brow before taking another drag.

I studied the woman closely. After a bit of a hesitant pause i mustered the courage to eventually speak. "Alice. My names Alice." she seemed to be amused by this.

"Alice. " She repeated. "Well Alice. Im rather bored." she gave a wicked side grin before saying with a laugh. "Ever been with a girl?"

I frowned at this and furrowed my brows. "I think im a little too young for you.." My voice came out quiet. She chuckled.

"Well. I guess you cant win 'Em all." she said with a shrug. "Whyre you all the way out here ?"

"Is it any of your business?" I was begining to get annoyed with the strange woman. "I-" i stuttered. "I think my parents are gonna kill me." for a brief moment i held a look of pure fright as i met her eyes. Yet she held so much casuality to my words.

"So kill them first." she said with some bite in her tone as she stood up and walked into the bathroom once more, disappearing from my sight.

"What do you mean?" there was no response. Getting up i paced to the small bathroom..but she was gone.

Her voice and words echoed in my mind in a tempting way.

Kill them first.