Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

  My name is Clara Valentine and i am sixteen years old. I'm living with my mum in Los Angeles because my parents divorced when i was eleven.I am a high school student. My passion is dancing and singing.I can spend hours in my room writting my own songs or reahersing coreographies.

  Today was the last school day before summer break. Tomorrow i'm going on vocation, let's say. Actually,I am going to Kansas where my father lives.I am going to work at a camp for kids as an assistant to save some some money to pay my new school .Next year i am going to  Music & Dance Academy high school to chase my dreams.Well  definately  i am gonna miss my friends but at least my new school is at the same town with my previous one so i can hang out  with my friends as often my school schedule let me! 

  Fortunately, my best friend Sabrina lives two blocks away from my house.Me and Sabrina are best friends since kindergarten. We are like sisters since i am an only child and our mothers are best friends too. I know that it would be tought to be in different schools, as we used to sit next to each other since we started school.

  Anyways, i wasn't in a mood to go on vocation. i just wanted  to spend the summer with my friends since when the new school year starts i won't be able to hang out with them as often as  i want. Besides that i could work at a cafe near my house as a part time job, but my father insisted to spend the summer with him and... his new family. 

  It's already 9pm and i just finished packing my stuff. I took a quick shower and went to sleep.My flight was early at the morning. Why flights needs to be so early?!

 The alarm clock hit at 6:30 am,so i woke up and got dressed. Then I packed some last things and zipped my suitcases. I went downstairs with my stuff.My mum was already at the kitchen making breakfast for both of us.

''Goodmorning honey" my mum said. ''Goodmorning mum" i replied

''how did you slept" she asked 

"fine,what about you?" i answered

"Good... here is your breakfast" she said putting the plates on the table.

"Eat quickly otherwise you 'll miss you flight"

"ok" i said and started to eat.

  As soon as i finished my breakfast we loaded my suitcases to my mum's car and headed to the airport.

#At the airport#

We arrived just when my flight announced.

My mum hugged me tight.'' I 'll miss you sweety"

''i 'll miss you too" i said as i pulled away

"make sure to call me as soon as you landed, your father gonna pick you up from the airport"she said

"ok"i replied and headed to the gate to have my ticket checked.

I boarded on the plane. The travel would lasts 5 hours so i put my headphones in my ears and fall asleep.