Chapter 6

[Maplepaw's POV]

I padded next to Tinypaw carefully as we walked in the front leading the rest of the warriors with us to go and find Aquaclaw. She seemed nervous. I didn't know exactly why. It could have been that she was nervous her mate and father of her kits could be dead. I nuzzled her head trying to make her smile. She looked to me, eyes full of coldness and regret, and kept walking.

Witheredpaw was on my other side. He just kept trotting along trying to get there quickly. I could sense he was scared to death as well. All of us where. The vibe from all the cats, and even Nugget, behind me was that they had to expect the worst. Aquaclaw was left alone to fight against warriors that we didn't even know the count of. He could have been against ten warriors! If it was that many then, I knew he would be dead. Even Nugget wouldn't be able to survive against ten warriors.

"Everyone, please. Just stop your worrying. It's making me uneasy. I want to think he's still alive." Tinypaw spoke up since the first time we left the camp. No one had talked this whole time. We just followed after Tinypaw not questioning any of her directions.

"I agree with Tinypaw. He's my son. I want to hope that he is alive, even if he isn't." Shinyfall spoke up from the back of the group. My ears twitched as I felt like we got closer.

"Let's keep our hopes up. He could have ran away after he got Tinypaw to escape. He's a smart warrior and knows what he's doing." Flamefur said carefully padding next to Shinyfall. The two always tried to comfort each other and it was quite pleasant to hear or watch them.

"It's not that much farther, let's just get there." Tinypaw muttered from next to me and picked up her speed.

As we drew closer I could scent the faint scent of SmallClan warriors. They were already gone and I knew it. He must be dead. Tinypaw flicked her tail as she kept walking and soon we got to a small little part where the trees widened. Next to a tree was Aquaclaw's dead body with a pool of blood around him.

"Aquaclaw!" Tinypaw yowled and rushed over next to the dead tom. Shinyfall and Cheetahpelt followed next. Then Summerstripe followed after the two of them. I stood in shock. He was killed. He was killed by SmallClan warriors. Tinypaw was going to be so sad. I looked to Witheredpaw and back to Flamefur.

"I'm going to go check the area and make sure we are clear. Witheredpaw is coming with me." I told her looking to the scared black tom next to me. He was shaking and I wished he would stop.

"Alright, be careful." She said looking at both of us. I nodded and pushed Witheredpaw a little to go out into the woods. He blinked his eyes and followed after me quickly.

"I can't believe he's dead. She must be heartbroken..." Witheredpaw said quietly as he stared at the ground.

"Yes, I know that. She will need the two of us more then ever now. We have to protect her. She cannot get in anymore danger. We also need to figure out who killed him. Once we figure that out, we will kill them. We will not let them live after this." I growled lashing my tail back and forth with my claws digging into the dirt.

Whoever killed Aquaclaw was going to pay. Whoever it was, was going to die by my claws and they will never again see the light because I will kill their spirit as well so they are never remembered. Tinypaw didn't deserve this.

-----------------

It's a little short but I can't think of much. It's not the best but I hope it will do. I hope I can get more done tomorrow.... I got nothing done today. I hope you liked the chapter, don't forget to leave a comment or a vote!