Chapter 13

[Midnightstar's POV]

I was still in StarClan. They said my wound was very deep and I had lost two lives so I had to stay longer. It wasn't that much of a deal to me since I got to see Firestream and Wingkit again. I also saw Aquaclaw sitting alone looking sad. I padded over to the recently dead tom and sat next to him curling my tail around my paws.

"What's wrong Aquaclaw? Why do you look so sad? Is it because you are dead?" I asked him wanting to comfort the StarClan warrior that used to be part of my clan.

"It's just that I couldn't protect Tinyclaw. I wanted to grow up with her, and I couldn't even do that because I was killed." Aquaclaw explained a little bit. I felt like he wasn't telling me everything but I didn't want to push it.

"Well, you can always talk to me in my dreams. I'm sure you can still watch over Tinyclaw. Are you glad that she has your warrior suffix? I thought you would like it." I asked him. I did it in memory of him so I wanted to make sure he liked it.

"It suits her quite well. She always has been good at her battle skills. I don't know if it should have been in memory of me though I do like it." Aquaclaw said flicking his tail slightly. He picked his head up a little not looking as sad.

"Well as long as it fits her and you like it, that's all that matters." I smiled then thought for a moment. "Hey, can I ask you a question about Tinyclaw?" I asked him. He shifted next to me.

"Sure, go ahead." He said his eyes slightly narrow. I was concerned but I didn't asked why.

"What do you see in the future for her? Can you say that? She's a brilliant fighter and a strong shecat. Once I give her an apprentice and if something ever happens to Cheetahpelt, I think she would be a good replacement." I told him looking at him. He seemed a little surprised by the question and stayed silent for a moment.

"All I can say is that I do see some darkness in her path. Well, it's not some, it seems like a lot. After a while it becomes a little lighter, but not much. I can't see anything specific. Her path was bright up till now but then it turned pitch black." He said staring into my eyes. I looked down. This didn't seem like something Tinyclaw would do.

"Are you sure it's darkness? Can you not see anything else? What could have made her path so dark? Is there anyone that would know?" I asked frantically a little scared for the shecat. She couldn't follow the same path her mother did. She's not as smart and cunning to escape his claws.

"Its darkness for sure. I can't see anything. I have no clue why it is this dark. I've looked at other paths and I've never seen any other so dark, not even Flamefur. The only cats that I can think of that might know are Spokenstar, Shiningdeath, Metalclaw, or a cat from the Dark Forest since they are used to the dark." He said glumly looking back at the ground. I nodded and got up.

"Thank you Aquaclaw. I will go find Spokenstar or Shiningdeath for now. I hope someone knows." I told him and hurried off to go find Spokenstar, the leader before me. I soon found the fluffy brown shecat talking to Nightmoon. I walked over and dipped my head.

"Spokenstar, I have come to ask a favor of you. Can I please know why Tinyclaw's path is so dark? She hasn't followed the same path of her mother, has she?" I asked he former leader. She looked down to me and sighed.

"Tinyclaw has followed the path of darkness for reasons we don't understand. For my knowledge, she has followed the same path her mother took, but will never turn away from it. There is nothing we can do to save her now. I have looked at everything, her path stays black no matter what we do. I am sorry Midnightstar." She said to me. I nodded and looked down.

"Then do you know what that lighter part is a little later in her path?" I asked her. I wanted to know what she was getting herself into at least.

"She will accomplish her biggest dream. It may not be for long, but she will accomplish it. That is all I know." She told me. I sighed and nodded.

"It's alright. That's still a lot to handle." I told her. I felt like I was going to wake back up in DepthClan soon.

"You better go, your clan will be waiting. Don't say anything to Tinyclaw unless you have to." Spokenstar warned me. I nodded.

"I won't. I must go and protect my clan now. Goodbye Spokenstar. Goodbye Nightmoon." I said to them both.

I woke back up in the medicine cat den in DepthClan and saw Flamefur laying next to me looking worse then me. She fought hard. She deserved a rest. I would tell her about what I learned when she woke up but for now she needed her rest.

--------------

It's a little shorter then the others but oh well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!