Chapter 19

[Stripeflash's POV]

"Come on Deerpaw! It's not that hard!" I yelled at my apprentice.

She was way too soft! She mumbled all the time and hated to fight. She barely even liked to hunt. This apprentice was impossible. She would never look me in the eyes, especially when I yelled. At the moment I was trying to get her to lunge at Icepaw, another weak apprentice, but she wouldn't do it. She said she didn't want to hurt her sibling.

"B-but... I don't want to..." Deerpaw mumbled staring at the ground as usual. Icepaw was over by her mentor trying to get out of this as well.

"You are so weak! I can't believe it! You couldn't even hunt a simple mouse! How much more useless could you be?" I hissed in fury. This little shecat pushed me past my limits when I had to train her and I finally had enough.

Deerpaw just cowered under me as if I was a threat. Icepaw and her mentor looked over toward me and had such a strange look on their faces. Fallingsparkle walked toward me slowly.

"She's just an apprentice. You shouldn't give her this hard of a time. She's still trying to learn everything." She spoke calmly but I noticed she small bit of fear in her voice.

She was scared of me! I never did anything to make her scared of me. I was one of the nicest warriors in the clan and she was scared of me. I looked down. Did I really push my apprentice that much? I must since they are both being shy.

"I'm sorry... I don't think I'm meant to be a mentor yet. Fallingsparkle, can you take over for now?" I asked the older shecat.

She nodded. "Yes, go take some time to think. I will handle these two." She smiled to me. I smiled back thankfully and headed away from the training area out into the forest to think.

I padded around before I heard some leaves rustling. I turned to figure out what it was but there was nothing. I was a little confused but then went back to walking.

The leaves rustled again. I stopped in my tracks and looked around. There was a scent. I couldn't place it, but it was a cat. I knew that for certain. I know it wasn't a rouge either. I glanced around again trying to figure out who it was but still couldn't find anything. I thought it was just my imagination so I kept walking.

Soon I was near the EverClan border. I hadn't realized I had walked that far. I guess I had been thinking too much along the way. I heard the leaves rustle but before I had the time to look around a cat lunged at me. I took a step back trying not to get hit but it was too late. Their claws ripping through my neck making me gag on the blood. I tried to figure out who it was, but my vision went black before I could.