B1 Ch3: Gambling Faith -2-

---Atonement---

"Little Feya you sure it's here?"

Feya who also looked puzzled run her gaze around before she answered. "Yes, Big Brother. Hmmm just enter. Little Feya's not allowed to go. Father said so."

Clutching his fist, Ceno breathed deeply to give calmness on his tense nerves. One by one, he strode his seemingly heavy foot as he moved forward. From afar, a huge door of a hall was wide open as if welcoming him inside.

Entering, Ceno found Von, his father, standing near the other door inside the room. He was wearing a white robe and gazing at Ceno with tranquility like nothing could bring disturbance on his heavenly presence.

Glancing to the corner side by side, Von faced Ceno and spoke with his pleasant voice. "We are going to another place. Follow me."

"Yes, Father." In spite of being curious, Ceno held back himself from asking. He silently advanced as he traced his father's step.

The two passed by several rooms on their way. They were turning left and right unceasingly. What strange on it was they even turning around to the same old corners repeatedly. After some time, they find their way back to the first room they been at and halted outside.

Without opening the door, Von took a step forward. A little bit more and he would be ended up hitting the wooden door, however, in an instant, his body unexpectedly passed through the blockage and vanished from Ceno's eyes.

Ceno was shocked. At first, he was puzzled on his father's action yet at the very last moment, all of a sudden it turned out to something he never imagined.

"A hidden pathway."' he gasped in his mind.

Although Ceno never saw one before, he had this idea from the thing once mentioned by Cena before, read from the complex books in their father's study room.

Building his courage, Ceno gulped a mouthful of air and slowly imitate his father's previous act

. He could not help but shut his eyes as he got closer. After walking onward several times, he sluggishly unfolded his eyes. Then, Ceno found himself in the middle of a wondrous cave.

The cave is estimating fifty meters wide and thirty meters high. Bundles of crystalline rough stones were embedded on its wall. Above was a massive flowing curtain light that changes color from time to time, while below, specks of glittering black sands could be seen sprinkled around. Ahead was a hexagonal platform half a meter above the earth, wherein six sets of three-step staircase encircled the stage with massive stone tablets in-between arranged on the same pattern.

"This will be the place." Von was standing not far away from Ceno, said.

Scanning around, Ceno saw nine men wearing the same white robe behind his father. Half of their faces was covered by hoods, making it hard to see their faces. And even though they couldn't see each other directly, Ceno could feel the stares coming from those men like there wasn't any obstruction. There wasn't any hostility or mocking gazes he normally received coming from them, and only calmness could describe the air they emitted, however, he couldn't help but feel uneasy.

"Father..." Ceno didn't know what to say that he could only call his Father.

Von walked forward and halted in front of his son. He looked at Ceno with seriousness and spoke his words firmly. "Ceno, if I'll say I have a way to awaken your gate but it could possibly endanger your life, would you still do it?"