B1 Ch9: True Lies? Who Lies?

---Atonement---

"Cen-ah!"

Blag!

A sudden crash echoed as Cena's words cut in and sounded as if taken by surprise. Without any warning, an impulsive force pushed him making him roughly landed on his back.

But it wasn't all about that.

Having seated upon, Cena was on grasped. Tightly. Heavy. And not just anywhere, but startlingly around his neck. He was being choked!

"W-what...are you hng..." Cena had gotten hardly breathing. He tried to pull away from those two hands. However, with every inch it drifted away, the more forceful it became trying to get back. It increased substantially with a bizarre amount of strength.

Looking at Ceno, its face was filled with never before seen intensity. Hate, fear, and sadness. These were only some portion of what existed within those deep blue eyes that started to get teary. Like there was too much emotion to contain but couldn't be relay enough. That it was possible to burst in any given minute.

Gnashing his teeth as his eyes grew red, Ceno inhaled some deep hissing breath. He seemed like he was trying to keep himself but could barely hold back from exploding.

And then, with its seeping strong sentiment, a grieving cry broke out.

"This-This is all your fault. If it weren't for you, things wouldn't turn out like this. Don't think you can mess with me...Why? Why!?... What did I do to deserve this? Why did you have to appear and made my life like this? What do you even want from me? Tell me...Tell me what you want or I...I will kill you. I will definitely kill you!!!" Trembling as he was saying those words with such weight, Ceno's eyes were wide staring at the body beneath him with a touch of a smile. However, that smile was certainly not his usual one. It was something tainted. Tainted with a perceptible madness.

Ceno seemed like loosened all of his reason. From the looks of it, he couldn't distinguish anymore what was real and was not. From who was Cena to the other person whom he hated so much. What he only knew was, he couldn't forgive the person in front of him and he would seek revenge now that he had the chance.

Cena's struggle stopped. He was left stunned staring right towards Ceno. Not sure if it was by Ceno's unprecedented rage toward him or by the words slipped from the latter's mouth, but surely more than confusion, he was deeply shocked.

How did things turn out like this? He didn't know. But Cena was sure that everything that reflected on Ceno's eyes was real. Something he was sure of but at the same time, never really acknowledged. After all, the Ceno who was in front of his eyes became someone stranger to him. Far from the familiar Ceno he used to know.

Because the struggling hand loosened its will, the grips that trying to end everything became heavier and tighter with each passing second. The smile on Ceno also gotten more transparent.

In that moment, the frozen Cena was awakened. His complexion was already very bad. A bit more time and he would lack not just oxygen to breathe but also the strength to defend himself.