B1 Ch11: Desertion -1-

---Atonement---  

"Stop slacking, you guys!"

"Oh come on, why so serious? You just arrived and you're nagging the next moment!"

"It's not like we're slacking, you know? It just happened you've seen us having some rest together."

"That's right. You're not even losing to your wife...or did I just unknowingly hit a sour spot?"

"..........."

"Hahahaha..."

The group of men was residing in a camp as they guard the village boundary. Their laughter resounded in the surrounding as if trying to occupy the large forest.

As these men were being merry, they were oblivious about the shadow that was cautiously observing them from the dense foliage of nature. Although traces of faint sound often rustled, the whistling wind together with the dancing leaves hid it from being discovered. And apparently, what unknown to them, this sneak action already happened in various places around the boundary without anyone's knowledge.

It was around afternoon when Ceno came back home. Just as he was passing into a corner, his vision caught a small figure, alone, standing at the end of the corridor. It was Feya, yet nevertheless, Feya seemingly didn't notice his beloved brother's presence which was rather unusual. Because if ever Feya could be compared to a thing, she most probably would be a radar built to automatically detect her brother Ceno whenever he was somewhere near.

Feya could only be seen silently staring inside a room. It didn't look like she wanted to enter nor waiting for something to come, rather, just to observe from afar. Nevertheless, Ceno wasn't really interested at all. He only slowed and glanced on Feya's direction for a second before continuing. On the other hand, before Ceno's figure completely vanished, Feya finally snapped from her dazed state and quickly turned her head. Catching a glimpse of Ceno, she immediately darted toward the corner where she saw him.

But just as Feya decided to call her brother, in the end, she was robbed of the chance to do so. Uncle Nil was the first one to managed to closed in, spoke some words until they two left together.

"Feya."

Feya turned around toward the voice that called her. After seeing that person, she couldn't help it anymore and jumped into that person's bosom as her eyes started to form some tears.

"...Eldest!" Feya cried.

Cena gently hugged his little sister. He put his arm around her shoulder while the other one softly caressed Feya's head. Unlike his warm act toward Feya, his lively eyes portrayed an unusual coldness in the direction where the two had left. Eyes that was already like a burning fire that also seeped with freezing intensity.

"Don't worry, Feya. Soon, it will be fine."

While in the meantime, Ceno and Uncle Nil passed through some corners before arriving in front of the hall. The ball-like blue lights that were hanged on the column of pillars was the most noticeable thing inside. Since the brightness was only dim, beside the light and the pillars, only the carpet laid on the middle could be quite seen. If there were other things around, it was all hazy.

The two entered as they traverse the long carpet on the ground. At the end of it, a platform was elevated, where Ceno's father, Von, was waiting.

When Von saw the two, he lightly waved his hand. Uncle Nil who easily understood its meaning immediately halted his step and retreated.

"If you'll excuse me." Uncle Nil respectfully lowered his body as he bowed down.

Ceno wasn't bothered at all and still proceeded. After passing through a couple of pillars more, he stopped in front of Von who was seated on an ebony wide chair, engraved with some peculiar carvings.