B1 Ch15: Lying Still

---Atonement---

"Big Brother, you've been in daze again."

In instant, Ceno's blood turned cold and his dominant hand was left hanging in the air. A clot formed on the tip of his brush that almost touched the surface of what was underneath. A while later, a drop fell, staining the hide that has been neatly written. But then, Ceno noticed nothing but that someone in front.

Noticing the drop, Feya's gazed was easily redirected and was startled.

"Ah!? Big brother, your work! What to do? What to do?"

It was only a small blot of ink but for Feya that everything connected to his beloved Big Brother, it should be given with utmost care. She hurried, grabbing a small cloth beside the table. Been troubled not knowing if she should wipe the hide first which otherwise would only smear it more or place it below the dripping tip.

A grip lost its strength resulting for the brush to fell and rolled around.

"Ah! Big brother!?" Feya surprised and immediately wiped the wrist that was sprinkled when the brush bounced on the table. She looked onto Ceno's work that became far from saving anymore before finally noticing the oddness on his expression.

"Big Brother?", Feya called out again but only answered with a mere tremble on their connected hands.

It was like being electrified when Ceno abruptly pulled away. Bowing his head down, he tightly gripped the freed hand with a face filled with both shock and horror.

Getting such a response, Feya was dumbfounded. And she even turned more hesitated, seeing the small gesture of her made Ceno flinched as if being scared. Feya's lively eyes toned down. And the tone of her voice became tainted with uncertainty.

"It is...again?", Feya asked.

However, Ceno heard nothing. And his eyes remained wide open as if his eyelids refused to blink. He was tensed all over. Weight felt heavier. The back of his, hunched, while his breathing became quite erratic.

And then out of nowhere, the noise of footsteps resounded as Feya suddenly stood and walk away. Judging from the sound of it, she halted for a while before finally closing the door and leaving Ceno without any warning.

The muffled conversation outside couldn't be discerned. Ceno was never bothered by anyone again. He remained seated in a daze until the ink and smeared run dry as his shadow begun to prevail against his nemesis, the light.

The once bright place turned dim with an orange haze. A mark of dusk arrival that couldn't be halted with the passage of time.

Within a snap, Ceno who was left unmoved finally regained a better consciousness. His head was naturally attracted to the window where light sneaked through. Upon noticing the long time that had passed, his eyebrows lightly jumped followed by some movement on his fingers.

But as his body stilled for a long time already, Ceno's entire legs felt numb which hindered him from moving. Flattening his small hands on the table, he tried to bring his own out of the floor. Truthfully, nothing big was swirling on Ceno's head. Even his unnatural expression was long turned dull. It was just, on the back of Ceno's mind, he had to stand up. So even with weakened strength, Ceno pushed himself to do so.

Blag. Thud. Clang. Blag.

Ceno stumbled and almost plunged himself forward. The table clattered, making things such as ink holder and brush to roll out of the carpet and the latter onto the hard floor. And then with difficulty, Ceno successfully dragged his body to stand. He slowly and aimlessly roamed his sight. And when his attention was caught for no big reason, Ceno inched closer toward it.