B1 Ch10: Prelusion

---Atonement---

'It's warm...'

A trace of familiar sensation lingered onto his skin that slowly dug into his pores. It spread throughout his cold-blooded body, giving off a relaxing feeling that he thought had been long since he felt.

"...ke --p...P--...se w--- u..."

While feeling the bliss brought by the warm sensation, some uneven sounds came contact to his ears. It caught his curiosity and made him wonder about its meaning.

Yet unfortunately, no matter how he tried, those broken pieces were nothing less but difficult to understand. And although he wanted to come closer and search for it himself, his body was seemingly tightly shackled.

He couldn't move. Like a mute, his mouth couldn't make a sound. His vision had nothing but darkness as if coercing him to remain in deep slumber and surrender all his thoughts into an infinite stillness...

..............

Ceno's eyelashes trembled as he slowly opened his eyes. He slowly blinked a couple of times more before the reflection of the ceiling and the sun rays that peeked through the creaking window became fairly visible on his sight. His head was still kind of muddle-headed as he continued to daze out. But after a while longer, before he even had the time to organize himself, things that troubled his mind stirred him once again.

Nevertheless, although an invisible weight seemingly atop Ceno, it didn't stop him from rousing on his bed. But the usual light and calm aura he gave off was now darker. Even his blue eyes that bounded by beautiful luster lost its light.

If one didn't know him and the two of them just met for the first time, the other person would surely have the hard time to believe that the young boy in front was someone who had gentle and kind disposition.

Ceno finally decided to leave the room. However, when he did so, he didn't take the door but rather through the window. When he arrived outside, the sun was already high enough to glare everything on the ground. But since the place it resided in was within the lush forest, contrary to the hot afternoon sun, the surrounding felt cool. Birds chirped. A gentle wind blew. If memory serves right, then it was the first time Cena woke up late since ages.

Being caught in a daze for the second time while staring above the rustling leaves, Ceno failed to notice that someone who was calling out just as he landed. If not for the continuous calling, it would surely take more time for Ceno to snap again from his lost thoughts.

Ceno nonchalantly bent his head toward the sound. His sight ended up on the second floor where Feya excitedly waving at him from the terrace floor.

"Big Brother! Here! Here!", the cute joyous voice of Feya repeatedly echoed. She was initially lazily leaning on the railing while staring at the distance bearing a bored expression. But because she spotted a familiar figure whom she was really happy to see, her eyes shined and his lips automatically moved on its own.

Feya didn't idle anymore and immediately climbed to the other side of the railing. She wanted to go down and taking such unusual path was her decision.

However, it appeared that Feya wasn't really used to such way of taking shortcut. Her hands and feet clumsily supported her and there was nothing she could do but took time on going down.

But it wasn't that Feya did this out of the blue, actually, she often did so. The only difference was, Ceno was always been there before, attentive to catch someone at all times since the mischievous princess of his family likes to surprise people. And Ceno was the number one recipient of her playfulness. While on the other hand in exception of her family and those who were used to it, they could only get scared witless from such event.