Chapter 1: Meeting Cyborg

'Okay, what else do I need to add?' I thought to myself.

Working in the RLS Legacy's kitchen isn't as easy as most people would think. I was in the middle of making my best dish for the crew: Garlic soup with oregano and fresh lime. I tasted it with a clean spoon and then it hit me; oregano. I got it off the shelf, but before I could put in the soup, it moved and giggled as it shape-shifted.

"Morph! What the heck? Where is the oregano?" I asked.

Morph floated over to it, grabbed it, and gave it to me.

"Thank you," I said, but the same result happened.

It was Petunia, the girl version of Morph.

"Petunia! You two are major trouble makers, you know that?" I chuckled.

They finally gave me the right thing even though I was skeptical. I sprinkled some in the soup and it was finished. I got two small bowls and spoons, filled them with the soup, and gave them to the little shape-shifters.

"Thanks guys, and remember, if any new crew members come, don't mess with them and since you have your dinner, don't eat anyone else's," I explained.

"Cyborg! Come here please!" a booming voice yelled.

"Coming!" I shouted back.

I took my apron off and took my long, brown hair down from my ponytail as I went to my father, Long John Silver. I went up to him in the dining room.

"What's up, Silver?" I asked.

"We got some new recruits coming on our ship and one of them is said to work with us," he answered.

"Really? Cool," I commented.

"Also, prepare your best dish," he added.

"I've already done that. All I have to do is put it in bowls for the crew and it'll be ready to serve," I explained.

"Good. And one last thing, behave yourself," he chuckled.

I laughed and said, "I make no promises of that."

We laughed as I headed back to the kitchen and prepared each meal. To be honest, the crew didn't like me all that much. But I'm not complaining because the feeling's mutual. The only people who have been really nice are Captain Amelia, Mr. Arrow, Morph, Petunia, and Silver. Hopefully the new recruits are nice too. I finished filling all the bowls except for Silver's, mine, and the suspected new cabin person. Those were to be served by the time the rest of the crew have been fed.

"Cyborg! Come on over! The new recruits are here!" Silver called.

"Alright! Coming!" I yelled.

As I finished up in the kitchen, I straightened my brown jacket, black shirt, skinny blue jeans, red boots, then went to the dining hall.

"And now lads, I'd like to introduce me daughter, Cyborg," Silver said.

I came out from behind Silver and smiled as I replied, "Hi, it's nice to meet you."

The new recruits were an alien that looked dog-like in this huge metal suit and this really hot guy with brown hair that was shaved on the bottom half with a braided ponytail in the back, piercing blue eyes, one earring, a brown jacket, a light brown shirt, dark green pants, and black boots. His jaw dropped when he saw me and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Cyborg, this is Dr. Dopplar, the financier of the voyage, and Jim Hawkins, who will be assisting us in the kitchen," Silver introduced.

I shook their hands in order they were introduced. I swear, this guy, Jim, is incredibly cute. I really like him already but I don't want anything between us to be too fast. Being friends will be good now and hopefully something more later on.

"Yeah, you can definitely see the resemblance here. And she's not always this proper," Silver joked.

"And you told me to behave?" I fired back, which made Jim chuckle.

"Well, you tend to say worse stuff than me, so I had to be careful," Silver smirked as he shoved me playfully.

"Whatever," I smiled as I shoved him back.

"So, did you prepare all the food?" Silver asked.

"Yeah. All we got to do is serve them up," I answered.

"Good girl. Go watch the launch. You'll serve the crew when I call for ya, lass," Silver replied.

"Alright. Thanks," I responded.

"Do you mind if I tag along?" Jim asked.

"I don't mind at all. Let's go," I said.

We walked through the dining room and approached the stairs.

"You know, you're not exactly what I expected when your dad mentioned you," Jim confessed.

"Oh really? So what did you expect then?" I smirked.

"Almost a girl version of him with robotic parts," he answered with a smug grin.

I giggled and said, "Well, that makes sense. Plus, I kinda figured that's what you thought when your jaw dropped at the sight of me."

"What can I say? You're pretty," he responded then had a shocked look on his face.

"Aw, thanks. You're not so bad-looking yourself," I blushed and joked.

I could already tell that this was gonna be the start of a beautiful friendship, and possibly something more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jim and Cyborg are really starting to hit it off. Can they keep what they have strong?