Chapter 2: The Launch and Dinner

"All clear, Captain," Mr. Onus yelled.

We headed up the stairs and stayed near the railing of the ship while Mr. Arrow started shouting the captain's orders to the crew.

"You might wanna stay near the railing for this. The crew can be really mean if you get in their way," I suggested.

But he didn't respond as he looked around. Sure enough, he was in someone's way and they bumped into him. The guy gave him a mean glare. I pulled him back to the railing.

"What did I just say?" I chuckled.

"Sorry," Jim shrugged.

"Oh, get ready. We're about to experience my favorite part of the launch," I smiled as I noticed we were getting higher.

That's when we started floating. I cheered a little, which made Jim release a small laugh.

"Mr. Zoff, engage artificial gravity," Amelia commanded.

He saluted, pressed a circular lever, and we came back to the ground with a thud. Dr. Doppler wasn't so lucky like the rest of us though.

"Ouch. I feel bad for him," I said, trying to hold back a laugh.

"You're telling me," Jim replied.

"South by southwest, Mr. Turnbuckle, heading 2-1-0-0," Amelia ordered.

"Aye Captain, 2-1-0-0," he repeated, doing as he was told.

"Full speed, Mr. Arrow. If you please," the captain requested.

"Take her away!" Mr. Arrow yelled in a small tube.

"You might wanna hold onto something," I suggested.

"Whatever you say," Jim said, doing that.

We shot off and we were on our way to Treasure Planet. This was gonna be fun.

"Cyborg! Jimbo! Time to serve dinner!" Silver demanded.

"Duty calls," I gestured.

"Let's get this over with," Jim responded.

We walked back in the kitchen and I told Jim to just give each table one tray of the food. We did this quick and easy and once done, I filled three more bowls, one for me, one for Jim, and one for Silver and put spoons in each one. I held two of the bowls in one hand as I gave the third to Silver.

"Here you go, Silver," I said.

"Thanks, lass," he tipped his hat.

"Here's yours. I hope you like it," I replied, giving Jim his bowl.

"I thought your dad said it's your best dish," Jim wondered, confused.

"That's what everyone says. I just haven't prepared it as much," I corrected.

He understood and had a swig of it. He went wide-eyed and smiled. That relieved me.

"This is really good," he commented as he ate more.

"Thanks," I smiled.

After a couple more spoonfuls, he asked, "So, where're you from?"

"Montressor. You?" I answered.

"Same," he said.

"Nice," I replied.

"Have you gone solar surfing?" he asked with a grin.

"Oh gosh. It's been so long, but it's still really fun," I commented.

Just before he could talk again, Jim noticed something move. He looked where it might've been.

"What was that?" he asked, a little nervous.

I looked in that direction and said, "Oh gosh. Morph! Petunia! I told you guys to not mess with the new crew members! So stop freaking the guy out!"

"Morph and Petunia?" Jim wondered.

"Yeah. They're little pink blobs that can shape shift into anything, just smaller versions of it," I explained then replied, "Come on guys, you're not fooling anyone."

They turned from cans of spice back to themselves and giggled like crazy as they flew around Jim then me.

"So, do both of them belong to you?" Jim asked.

"Well, Morph actually belongs to Silver while Petunia belongs to me. They're troublemakers, but you got to love them anyway," I said.

Then Silver came closer to us with his hands behind his back and a smile on his face. That would usually mean something's up.

"Jimbo, I got a couple of friends for you to meet. Say hello to Mr. Mop and Mrs. Bucket. So, go and start swabbing the deck," he demanded as he tossed a mop and a bucket to Jim and laughed as he walked away.

"Yippee," Jim grumbled after he caught them.

"Hey, I'd be grateful. I would've gladly taken swabbing the deck over my first job," I remarked, shuddering at the memory.

"What exactly was your first job?" Jim chuckled.

"Oh trust me, you don't want me to go into major detail," I assured him.

We laughed at that and Jim said, "Well, I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah, you will," I responded.

We went our separate ways, but we couldn't quit smiling from each other's company. I collected all the dishes and started washing them; not once did the smile leave my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, they're put to work, but nothing is getting in their way of adventure. I like where they're at, anyone agree?