Chapter 8: The Plan Jamie Doesn't Agree To

I woke up feeling amazing. I mean, how would you feel if you made the guy you were in love with feel better after a life threatening situation? I got out of my hammock, changed into my regular clothes, and went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. I grabbed a purp and bit into it. It's so good and I haven't had them in forever. The sweet taste exploded in my mouth and I wanted more of it.

"Cyborg! You in there?" Silver called.

"Yeah!" I answered.

Then he and the crew entered the dining room and sat on the tables. I made myself comfortable on a stool.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"We need to discuss our plan to get the treasure," Silver remarked.

I groaned as I said, "Not this again."

"Ya really hate the idea of getting the treasure?" Silver asked.

"Yeah, unless it's for a good cause," I responded.

"Well, we don't care. Look, what we're saying is we're sick of all this waiting," Mary said, emphasizing "we're" to not include me.

"There's only three of them left!" Mr. Hands added.

"We are wanting to move!" Grewnge said.

"We don't move 'til we got the treasure in hand!" Silver argued.

"I say we kill them all now," Scroop smirked.

Silver grabbed him by the mouth and shouted, "And I say what's ta say! Disobey my orders again like that little stunt yeh pulled with Mr. Arrow, and so help me, you'll be joining him!"

Then he threw him toward a barrel full of purps.

"Why am I not surprised it was you who cut his lifeline? You're nothing but lowly scum," I replied through gritted teeth.

"Strong talk from both of ya. But I know otherwise," Scroop said, getting up and getting a purp.

"You got something ta say, Scroop?" Silver challenged.

"Yeah, because if you're trying to start something, I'll gladly finish it," I threatened.

"It's that boy," Scroop remarked, holding a purp.

Silver and I had worried looks on our faces, knowing he was right. Even the other pirates were murmuring in agreement.

"Me thinks you both have a soft spot for him," Scroop continued, piercing the purp with his claw.

"Now mark me, the lot o'yeh! I care about one thing and one thing only. Flint's trove! Yeh think I'd risk it for the sake of some nose wiping little whelp?" Silver defended.

"And Scroop, you really need to mind your own business before karma comes to bite you," I remarked as I stood up, even though I didn't agree with Silver.

"What was it now? 'Oh, you got the makings of greatness in ya.' And Cyborg, you just couldn't stand the thought of the cabin boy feeling guilty, so you had to sing a song and get up close," Scroop replied.

"Shut up!" I yelled as I threw the purp in his face.

Scroop wiped it off and slapped my face, letting his claw drag across my cheek. It hurt, but as you know, I've been through worse.

"I cozied up to him to keep him off our scent! But I ain't gone soft!" Silver warned.

"Keep telling yourself that," I scoffed, holding my face.

"Watch your mouth, lass. I may have to do something to him if it comes to that," he threatened.

"You're not gonna hurt the man I'm in love with!" I shouted then cupped my mouth shut.

Crap. All the pirates looked at me shocked, but Silver was more shocked than the others.

"What was that?" Silver asked calmly, but he had clenched fists.

I sighed then answered, "You heard me. I'm in love with James Pleiades Hawkins. But he might not feel the same way if he finds out I knew about your little mutiny. I don't plan on losing him though, so if you take him out, you take me out. I'm not gonna deal with your crap about the treasure anymore."

"Planet ho!" Mr. Onus yelled.

"This conversation isn't over, young lady," Silver growled.

"You're right. It isn't. Go ahead and see the planet with treasure. You obviously care about that more than your own daughter," I growled back.

I walked to one of the tables and laid my head down. Even though I didn't face him, I knew I stunned Silver. But when I heard him and the other pirates leave, I started to cry. How could it have come to this? Having his love for the treasure put above me?

"Hey."

I turned to see who was talking and guess who it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie knew about the plan, but she didn't want any part of it. Will the people she cares about still trust her?