Chapter 13: Downhill from There

We made it back to B.E.N.'s home safely. I hope the captain and doc made it out okay with being left by themselves.

"Doc. Doc, wake up," Jim said.

"We did it," I smiled.

"We got the map," Jim replied.

But a mechanical hand came into view and grabbed the map from Jim. Silver!

"Fine work, you two. Fine work indeed," he smirked.

We looked to see the captain and doc tied, gagged, and held by the pirates. We were slowly surrounded by the rest of them. We tried to run, but we got caught. I kicked the pirate who held me in the area where no guy wants to get kicked and elbowed him in the face. But when I tried to help Jim, I was captured again, but it was two of them and they held both of my arms.

"What's this sorry sack of metal?" Mary demanded, holding a knife to B.E.N.'s throat.

"Not the face!" he exclaimed.

Silver walked up to Jim and smirked as he said, "You're just like me, Jimbo. Ya hates to lose."

Jim growled at him; this can't be happening. Silver really betrayed us and he doesn't even care. He tried to get the map open in different ways, but to no avail. Jim and I couldn't help but smirk.

"Open it," Silver demanded, shoving the map into Jim's hands after the pirates let him go.

But Jim and Silver just glared at each other. Silver turned his hand into a gun and took the safety off.

"I'd get busy," he said, then shot my right shoulder.

I screamed in pain and collapsed to the ground. Jim screamed my name as the pirates brought me back to my feet. When I looked up, Silver held the gun to my head. I shook my head to tell Jim to not open it; Silver could still pull the trigger no matter what. But Jim opened the map and the image of Treasure Planet appeared. All the pirates gasped in awe.

"By the powers that be would yeh look," Silver mumbled.

The image disappeared and a glowing green trail formed leading where the treasure was. Silver let out a light hearty laugh.

"Tie 'em up. And leave 'em with the others till- What?" Silver replied then the trail went back to the map.

"You want the map? You're taking me too," Jim bargained.

"Me too," I added.

Silver hesitated for a minute until he thought about it and simply chuckled. He couldn't open the map, so he needed to take Jim. I'm going to make sure Silver doesn't pull something else.

"We'll take 'em all," he said.

We all got in the long boat and followed the trail that was pulsing faster as we got closer to where the treasure was. Jim helped me fix my wound on my shoulder. It stung but I managed.

"Thank you," I smiled as I put my jacket back on when he finished.

"No problem," he responded, also smiling.

Once we stopped, Jim carried me bridal style as we got off. He put me down then held my hand as we followed the trail on foot. Morph and Petunia whimpered and we comforted them best we could.

"Guys, I-I don't know about you, but I'm starting to see my life pass in front of my eyes. At least, I think it's my life," B.E.N. replied then exclaimed, "WAS I EVER DANCING WITH AN ANDROID NAMED LUPÈ?!"

"B.E.N. shh," Jim shushed then whispered, "This isn't over yet."

"You got that right," I agreed.

The pulse got faster through the trees, saying the treasure was just behind them.

"We're gettin' close, lads. I smell treasure a-waitin!" Silver shouted with his sword drawn.

He grabbed Jim's shirt and pulled him through as he cut the trees down. I kept my hand in Jim's and stayed close. But as we got to the end of the trail, there was nothing but an empty cliff. How can this be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N An empty cliff? What? Where could the treasure be?