Chapter 12: Getting the Map Back

We opened a little hatch near where the pirates were camping out. Luckily, they were asleep. Jim and I were thinking of a plan with Petunia and Morph floating around us quietly.

"SO WHAT'S THE PLAN?!" B.E.N. shouted, popping out of the hole.

"B.E.N.! Shh!" Jim and I exclaimed as I covered his mouth and Jim made sure we wouldn't get caught.

Luckily, the only thing that happened was Silver shifting into a different position.

"Phew. So what is the plan?" I whispered.

"Okay here it is. We sneak back to the Legacy, disable the laser cannons, and bring back the map," Jim answered softly.

"That's a good plan! I like that plan! The only thing I'm wondering is how do we get there?" B.E.N. asked, his voice muffled since my hand was still over his mouth.

"On that," I smirked, pointing at the long boat the pirates tied down.

We got on, untied it, and made it to the ship. We peeked over the railing to see if the coast was clear. When it was, Jim went over and carried me to relieve the stress on my leg that was shot. B.E.N. made it over, but he fell on the ship with a loud thud and a squeal. We scowled at him as he apologized to us. We snuck down the stairs that led to the long boats.

"Okay. I'll get the map. You two wait here," Jim whispered.

"Got it, Jimmy! I'll neutralize laser cannons, sir!" B.E.N. saluted.

We tried to stop him, but he just went down the hall, singing 🎶Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me🎶. I chuckled.

"What are we gonna do with him?" I said.

"I don't know. Now that he's gone, do you think you could cover me?" he asked, giving me his gun.

"Sure thing," I smirked, getting my own gun from behind me.

"What the heck?" he chuckled.

"They stole my gun when I was kidnapped and gave it to Silver. But before he handed me to you, I stole it back," I explained.

"Quite the little rebel you are," Jim smirked.

"When you live with pirates, you learn a few things. Now let's get that map," I smiled.

I had my gun at the ready as Morph, Petunia, and I followed Jim down to the long boats. We made it and Jim found it in the ropes.

"Yes," he said, relieved.

Then an alarm went off. B.E.N.! We ran back to the stairs.

"That stupid robot's gonna get us all-" Jim started to say until he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Killed," I finished with a little panic.

There at the top of the stairs was the spider psycho himself, Scroop.

"Cabin boy. Cyborg," he smirked threateningly.

"Run!" I yelled.

We started running as fast as we could. We knocked barrels off to slow him down and I fired some shots at him, but he wasn't budging. Morph even turned into a pie, in which he splattered onto Scroop's face and Petunia turned into a hammer and hit one of his legs. He growled in pain, grabbed both of them, and threw them into the pipes that sucked them in.

"Guys! No!" I yelled.

We dove for some cover out of breath. We got our guns and I nodded, signaling to go. We faced Scroop with guns drawn and he stopped, a little scared. But before we could fire, the lights went out. Crap. The emergency lights came on, but Scroop was gone. We got back to back immediately. It didn't take long for us to hear a groan. Scroop would've ambushed us if it weren't for our little shape shifters. He knocked Jim to the ground, making him drop his gun and it sliding away, then pinned him.

"Hey! Get off of him!" I yelled, jumping on Scroop and twisting his arms behind him.

Next thing you know, we were being lifted in the air. I leapt off of Scroop just before he could claw me. I grabbed the flag and held on but I noticed my gun was gone. I saw Jim floating towards me.

"Jim!" I shouted and I grabbed his hand and pulled him close.

"Thanks," he breathed.

"No problem. You know, normally this would be my favorite part of the launch, but right now, not so much," I commented.

That's when we saw Scroop climbing the mast towards us with an evil grin. I noticed Jim's gun floating towards us. I grabbed Jim's hand to get him higher but he missed it. Scroop approached the rope with his claw open.

"Oh, yes. Do say 'hello' to Mr. Arrow for me," Scroop smirked as he slowly sawed the rope a little.

We quickly made it to the mast before he finished. He growled and leapt at us.

"Tell him yourself!" we shouted.

We got out of the way, jumped on him, and grabbed the mast. We kicked him into the flag, the rope tore, and he floated into space, screaming. The gravity came back on and we fell into the crow's nest.

"You okay?" Jim asked.

"Yeah. Plus, I have another reason for this being my favorite spot on the ship," I grinned.

We both chuckled then Morph and Petunia came through the pipe, coughing black smoke.

"Morph?" Jim said.

"Petunia?" I added.

"Laser cannons disconnected, Captain Jimmy, sir! See? That wasn't so tough," B.E.N. replied, tangled in a bunch of wires.

Jim held the map in his hand and we hugged. Thank goodness we got the map back and Scroop is out our lives forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They got the map! And Scroop is gone! Yay! Things seem to be looking up for them. Or is it?