A Modest Proposal ::30::

***WOOP WOOP! We have finally made it out of the 20's ladies and gentlemen! How excited I am to have written this chapter... it is absolutely my pleasure to present this to you, especially because the last chapter was short and not too much happened. I'm hoping you stick with me for the next twenty chapters, because now things are about to get real. I hope you enjoy this chapter and perhaps I will even update again before the weekend is over! Only time will tell ;) Happy reading! xoxox***

There were many times in Lennox's life where being alone was something she could not get enough of. After having a very lengthy conversation with her best friend, there was nobody else in the entire world she would be happy speaking with, Severus Snape included. Yet, here she stood- completely still as she waited for his wrath. With each passing second he did not explode, the anticipation only grew, causing her to become more and more nervous for whatever it was he had to say.

“We need to have a chat... but here is not exactly the best place for it.” he spoke calmly, a most unusual tone for him. He legitimately sounded sincere and serious at the same time, causing a great amount of confusion to swirl around within her mind.   

“Erm... you aren't angry with me?” she questioned as she raised an eyebrow. He glanced up at her from his desk, marking the last of his papers before he finally stood.

“Must you always ask questions?” the usual grimace from irritation plastered itself across his face, making it seem as if nothing had changed- as if he had gone back to his old self.

“Sorry... I just realize that what I did was a bit stupid but-”

“Kingsleigh. Be quiet, like I mentioned before- this is not the appropriate place to speak. Follow me.” he began a quick walk to his office door, swinging it open with a grandeur motion, not even bothering to look back at her. She had to half-jog to keep up with his long strides, which was a hinderance considering her mind was someplace completely different than her physical body. More than a few times she found herself accidentally tripping over random little things such as rugs or steps. The Great Hall was absolutely empty due to the fact that there were other students in class.

“Sev- erm... Professor?” the word was foreign on her tongue, because she had grown so used to calling him by his first name that even still she longed to gain back that sense of familiarity. Much to her dismay, it was clear by the expression on his face that she had caught her almost-slip up.

“What?” he responded dryly, staring straight ahead of himself as he lead the two of them outside of the castle.

“Where exactly are we going?” she interrogated as she took a few giant steps to catch up with him.

“Your curiosity never ceases to amaze me. I suppose if you wait only a few moments, Miss Kingsleigh, you will soon find out won't you?” he answered with his usual sarcastic tone. She rolled her eyes at this, clearly unamused by his snark. They were to the gates of Hogwarts when he grabbed her arm without warning. The death grip on her arm was nothing compared to the unexpected swirling and nausea that overtook her. She collapsed the moment her feet touched solid ground.

Severus,” she hissed, “why must you ALWAYS do that?!” venom was laced around her words. He looked down at her with a half-smirk, helping her up as she reached to clutch her stomach.

“Always so dramatic.” he said as he gently grabbed her arm. She opened her eyes to view a familiar scene, the very one that she could see every time she travelled a few minutes out of Hogsmeade village.

“The Shrieking Shack?” she inquired. He gave a small nod, beginning the trek inside the deteriorating wooden house. His heart began to beat at an irregular and quick pace as he ascended to the top floor, his young Slytherin following swiftly behind. As for Lennox, she was not really sure what to think. Just earlier this very day he had given her an icy glare that could kill, and now he was leading her into a remote location to have a 'chat.' The only thing her heightened senses could tell her was that he was growing nervous about something. She could feel his heartbeat with each step, only adding to her confusion. They finally reached the top, entering the small room. He held the door open for her, closing it as she walked inside. She looked around the room with a sense of great curiosity.