This Changes Everything ::32::

***Well my lovelies, it has been a month... and I am very sorry I left it like that, and for so long too! Our favorite couple is engaged!! BUT it isn't a happy ending just yet... dun dun duuuuuuun! Read to find out? Sorry again for the slight hiatus! :) Happy reading! xoxox***

 Lennox had failed to make an appointment with the minister before she had turned of age, but yet again did she receive a letter from Harriet Beacher with Ministry Financial Affairs. She had decided to take Max with her to the Ministry, getting permission from Dumbledore to leave the school for a few hours to speak with Miss Beacher. She dressed in her nicest clothes, something she had told Max to do as well, but before they were off she had to send a letter to her mother once more. It had been weeks since she had written her first letter, with no reply. She had decided to send out one more, in high hopes of finally getting a response. She dressed in black round toed heels, along with a lacy black dress that buttoned up in the back. She put her cloak on as she walked outside into the crisp morning air. The snow had gone, but the cool weather still remained. She walked briskly to the owlry, letter in hand and ready to send. She approached her owl, only to see a small letter and box clasped in its talons. She held out her arm for Amadeus.

"Hello sweetheart." she gently stroked under his beak, taking the items from his claws. She opened the envelope, reading the scratch handwriting that had marked up the page.

Lennocelia,

I wanted to do this properly but since you are not going to be around today and I have other important things to attend to this is how it has to be. Like I said, you can change your mind at any time about me, but if we are going to remain betrothed for the time being I would at least like you to acknowledge it every time you look at your hand, which is why I am giving you something important. It belonged to my Grandmother Prince, and it now belongs to you. Be safe today, I shall see you soon.

S.

She raised an eyebrow, opening the small box only to reveal a sparkling ring on the inside. It was a set of two pieces of shining silver, woven around eachother like a basket, with diamonds encrusted in each of the loops. It was the most gorgeous thing she had ever seen in her entire life, and she put it on her left ring finger straightaway. She had not experienced this level of happiness since the death of her parents, which left a strange but good feeling in the pit of her stomach. She admired it, reaching her hand out in front of her to stare at it. She kissed it quickly, giving the enveloped letter to her owl. He flew away, and she left the owlry. She stopped by the dungeons to escort Max to Dumbledore's office. When the two entered, she spotted a black clad figure seated across the desk of the Headmaster. She saw him sneak a glance at her hand, causing him to smile secretly to himself. She bit back a smile as well, heading towards the fireplace.

"We will be back as soon as we can headmaster, although I am not sure how long it will take us. I have no idea what Miss Beacher wishes to speak to us about. Whatever it is though, I am sure it will not take us all day." she explained courteously to Dumbledore. He smiled, and allowed them to floo into the Ministry. Lennox saw a flash of red and green before the world spun around her. It was almost as terrible as apparating, but a lot dirtier. She arrived in the Ministry only moments before Max, and they approached the head desk to receive instructions on where to go.

"The Kingsleighs! The Financial ward is three floors up, just take the lift to go up, and three doors left. Have a great day!" the receptionist explained, waving them off. They both approached the elevator hesitantly, feeling better when they noticed a lift operator. They boarded, telling him where they needed to go, and he brought them. The entire trip took less than five minutes, and they were standing in front of the door to the woman who had summoned them there in the first place. Lennox knocked quietly, hoping she was not interrupting anything important. She had made sure to get her and Max there promptly, not a minute early or late. They were greeted by a woman with fiery red hair and green eyes.