I Love the Smell of Amortentia in the Morning ::16::

*** This chapter took a lot of thinking believe it or not. That's why I'm a bit irregular with my updates. I had to get it all just right. Hopefully I did, but I wouldn't expect you to read it and be like 'oh yeah... seems like a tough write' because it definitely won't look that way. Sorry about my recent change into a snail :) happy reading!***

Lennox had been summoned to the Great Hall by a silvery patronus as she sat near the Black Lake by herself. Harry had left nearly twenty minutes ago after conveying a very brief yet shocking message about the tournament.

She sat with the black cloak draped around her body, her knees held securely to her chest by her arms, and her eyes scanned the area. She hadn’t any clue on who may possess the animal, but she followed it into the castle nonetheless.

She had quickly noted that every Slytherin student had been piling into the large dining room, sitting down lazily on the benches. The long tables had been moved aside which left a very large gap in the center of the room.

She sat between Liam and Skylar, taking off the cloak and folding it over her arm the way she usually did when she was no longer in use of it. She let out a yawn, resting her head on Liam’s shoulder and struggling to keep her eyes open.

The loud squeaking of the phonograph Filch had been trying to fix, however, produced enough noise to keep her from drifting off into a deep sleep. It was only when their Potions Master entered the room everyone began to pay attention.

“I assume you’re all curious as to why I’ve brought you here.” his deep tone echoed throughout the Great Hall. The students of Salazar Slytherin were listening with interest, surprisingly interested in what the head of their house had to say.

“Not really.” Liam snickered, gaining a very aggressive nudge in the ribs by Lennox’s elbow. She leaned back against the table, ignoring the fact he was now rubbing his side very tenderly. He slowly walked around, turning to look at every student in the room.

“As head of Slytherin House, it is my unfortunate responsibility to give you instruction on an upcoming event that will be happening in December. The Yule Ball has been celebrated as tradition to the Triwizard Tournament since it’s conception in the middle ages. And although I am not happy about it, I will most certainly see to it that the lot of you aren’t bemirching the name of Salazar Slytherin by acting like a band of hooligans. The Yule Ball is a dance.” his short speech ended.

Waves of excitement could be heard amongst the shallow egotistical girls of Slytherin. She had heard a few key words as she listened to them ramble on and on to eachother. Hair. Nails. Dress. Date. Lennox wanted to vomit.

“Hooligans eh? Bet you five dollars some Slytherin is going to bollocks everything up and walk away with no more than a warning.” Liam whispered into her ear. She placed a hand over her mouth to keep any sound from escaping her lips.

“It is customary that the Triwizard Champions... and their dates...” he glanced at Kingsleigh from the corner of his eye, “are the first to dance.” he announced, although Lennox had been too preoccupied talking with Liam to hear anything else.

“Alright. Five sickles that I  transfigure Draco Malfoy into a weasel and walk away with no more than a detention.” she looked him in the eyes daringly. Liam smirked and shook her hand firmly. Skylar began to anxiously tap away at Lennox’s shoulder.