Give In, Don't Give Up ::36::

A/N: So you probably all hate me for taking a really long time to update.. but after much deliberation, this story is going to be 10 chapters short of what I was originally planning... which means we have FIVE CHAPTERS UNTIL THE END! Can you believe it? We are almost there! Hopefully this chapter makes up for my absence, because THIS IS A WARNING: This chapter contains mature sexual conent, as well as some coarse language.. Hoping you enjoy!

Lennox sat quietly on the sofa in the Slytherin common room, feeling the heat of the fire, and listening to it cackle and make cracking noises as it burned the logs. She sighed, and turned the page of her book, biting her thumb as she concentrated on the material her mind was consuming. Just then she heard footsteps behind her, and then she felt pressure on the couch next to her. Before she knew it, Liam's head was resting in her lap, and she began to reflexively run her fingers through his hair. He let out a sigh, and shut his eyes.

“Rough day, Li-li kins?” she questioned with a smile, seeing professor Snape enter the common room with an armful of books. He winked at her, causing her to grin from ear to ear as she turned her attention back to her friend.

“I repel women, Lennox. It's official. They all hate me.” he looked up at her with a pouting face, bottom lip stuck out like a bird-stand. She only rolled her eyes and giggled.

“Liam, you will find a girl one day that loves you for you. None of them realize how handsome and funny you are. Trust me.” she reassured him with compliments, something Severus overheard (and quite frankly was not happy about). He new he had nothing to worry about, but the current position in which the two of them were seated in. He felt a tightness in his chest but he stopped himself from letting out a low grumble.

“How would you know? You can get any guy you want. You just snap your fingers, and BAM.. there they are.” he countered. Lennox shrugged.

“So what? It's not like I'm exactly looking for someone at the moment..” she bit her lip, glancing at her professor from her peripheral vision. Liam raised an eyebrow.

“Oh? Do you have a secret boyfriend you're not telling me about?” he joked, blinking a few times. She felt a blush creep up onto her face, and she lifted her left hand to tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear. Liam's eyes went wide, and his hands were immediately wrapped around her left hand, running his thumbs over her ring finger. “Lennox,” he sat up, looking at the faint red glow of the ring, “You do have a secret boyfriend.. or.. fiancee?” his face demanded an answer. His eyes pierced into his, desperately wanting to know what was happening

“Yes, you've caught me.. I'm in love, Liam. But I really don't want it getting out.. especially to my family. Not yet anyways.” she told him quietly, hoping that Snape could not hear their conversation.

“Why didn't you tell me?” he honestly felt a bit hurt that his best friend didn't feel like sharing only the biggest news she's ever gotten. She knit her eyebrows together.

“It's just.. too soon to tell anyone. It's only happened recently.. and we're planning to wait quite a while before the wedding- which you will be invited to so don't worry about that.. Can you just.. trust me when I say that I can't tell anyone yet? Please?” her eyes were pleading.. imploring.. Liam let out a sigh, and rested his forehead on hers.

“I respect that.. but when you do tell me, I want all the details.. at least tell me what he's like? Does he make you happy at least?” he was genuinely concerned with how this 'boyfriend' of hers was treating her. She was like his sister after all, and he couldn't handle anyone taking advantage of her.

“Well.. he's a bit of a git at times.. but Liam, I've never felt this way about anyone before.” she spoke softly, but not quiet enough that Severus couldn't hear them. He nearly dropped a book, not being able to concentrate on his current task. He was only interested in hearing what she had to say about him. “Whenever I'm around him.. I'm always happy. I don't think there's a time when I don't want to be with him.. and I know for a fact that he really loves me too.” she was almost on the verge of tears (happy tears). Liam smiled at his friend.