Chapter 28: Ole (by Bouncing Souls)

*****************************************************************

This is a short one but a cute one! I hope you enjoy it.

*****************************************************************

Once we are back at the hotel, Liam calls up to our room and invites us down to one of the conference rooms to play football. Niall tells me that Liam is sad because Sophia left and now she is busy with school. I know how it feels to be without the person you love by your side so we head down to cheer up Liam and play with the boys. This is something the boys do a lot. They can't leave the hotel so they reserve a space to play around in.

We get downstairs and I see them kicking around a scorer ball.

I quietly whisper to Niall, "I thought we were playing football?"

The look on his face at that moment was one of sheer joy as he falls to the floor laughing and slapping the ground. You would have sworn he had never heard anything so funny before. I am standing next to him unaware of what I said that has caused him to throw his body to the ground like a toddler in the midst of a tantrum. The laugh coming out of his mouth has pure amusement behind it. Louis and Liam come running over to see what happened.

Liam asks, "What's wrong?  What did you say to him love?"

Liam asks, "What's wrong? What did you say to him love?"

I am so embarrassed at this point, I tell them, "I will let Niall tell you when he finally to stops laughing at me."

Harry walks over and says, "For fuck sake, are we going to play football or not?"

Niall's laugh gets louder and more out of control. What Harry said has thrown more fuel to the fire.

After a few minutes he finally calms down enough to say, "The American thought we were playing football. You know like they do over here?" He returns to laughing.

Louis walks over to me, puts his arm around me and says, "Don't feel bad. But come on, you are surrounded by a bunch of British lads...you must know the difference?"

Niall immediately stops laughing and says, "Hey! I am Irish!"

He truly looks sad that they forgot to mention he was from Ireland. His hurt made me chuckle. He is so dramatic.

Once Niall pulls himself together, we choose teams. Harry, Liam, and Zayn are on one team and Louis, Niall, and I are on the other. I think we got this one in the bag with the professional footballer on our team. Louis had just been signed to play with the Doncaster Rovers as a reserve player which allows him to be on tour with the band and play football when he is home.

After the first half of the game, we are down one point. These boy are so competitive. I have not worked this hard in a long time. I am laying on the ground barely able to breathe. Niall comes and lays his head on my lap. We just lay there like no one else is in the room. The kiss from earlier has put me in a different head space. I am starting to feel open to a relationship with Niall that is more than friends. I am happy that we were able to work through our issue from this morning and come out on the other side with a better understanding of each other. Communication is such an important key to a relationship.

One thing we have mastered over the last few days has been the whole comfortable silence thing. I rest my hands on his head and run my fingers through his floppy bleach blonde hair; no words are needed in this moment.

Louis comes over and says, "Ok love birds, lets go."

I don't even have the energy to correct him. We get up and start the second half. Within the first minute Louis scores tying up the game. Now, we just have to focus on scoring one more time. We only have about a minute left and Niall passes the ball to me. Louis is being blocked by Liam so the only thing I can do is shoot for the makeshift net made of a luggage cart. I close my eyes and kick the ball. I don't open my eyes until I hear Niall and Louis cheer in excitement. Next thing I know, Louis and Niall are grabbing me and holding me in the air cheering. Along with their competitiveness comes their lack of sportsmanship. They really enjoy rubbing it in each other's face. Louis leaves to run around the room cheering. Niall is now holding me around my waist with his fingers interlocked behind my back. He leans down and kisses me full on in front of everyone. I can feel all of their eyes staring at us. When Niall finally pulls away, the boys give us a round of applause. I hide my face in Niall's chest not wanting them to see my stupid grin from ear to ear.

Niall says, "Thanks boys. It's all in a day's work." and winks at me.