Chapter 10

"Can't believe you're making me do this." I whispered trying to soak up any air that was left.

The corset tied on my back was literally taking the life out of me. My mom had taken the liberty of planning everything for this horrid day. I had a bright red Cinderella dress on that came down to my ankles. My shoes were literally insane. I had already tripped once on the way to Harry's car. What did he expect to happen when we got on the dance floor? I was already in a cast.

"It'll be fun." Harry's grin made my stomach churn.

How was he so calm about this? Was I the only one freaking out?

"You look breathtaking." He continued, taking his eyes off of the road for a split second to send me reassuring glance.

"Not with this cast." I frowned.

"Yes, even with the cast." Harry smirked.

"One hour?" I begged.

"It's Senior Prom Joe, you have to stay longer than that."

"Fine, a hour and a half." A grin spread on my face as I saw Harry's hands grip the steering wheel tighter in annoyance. I loved his subtle temper tantrums.

"Two hours then?" I asked.

"Two hours and four dances."

"Two dances."

"Three dances?"

"One dance or I don't get out of the car."

Harry rolled his eyes and huffed, "one dance."

"And I get to choose the song."

"Fair enough."

"Smile you two! That means you Sweetheart. " The photographer urged.

I felt Harry's breath against my hair, "c'mon."

His calming glance memorized me. My eyes instantaneously glued to his jawline-soaking in every feature of his face. His jaw was clenched slightly, an obvious sign that he was nervous about the picture as well. I felt the left side of my lips tug into a crooked smile. Suddenly, a fulgent light filled the enclosed area.

"Alright, hurry a long." The photographer dismissed.

"Did you smile?"

My hand was pulled towards the blaring music coming from the near-by gymnasium.

"As much as my anxiety would allow." I snorted.

I heard a rumble from Harry's chest and confirmed that it was a laugh when I looked up at him. We had reached the double doors that held the musical epidemic. Harry began to reach for the door when my anxiety got the best of me.

"Harry..." I swallowed.

"Joe..." Despite my difficulty, he still had a smile on his face.

Before I could speak in protest, my face was placed in his abnormally large hands. "

You're not getting out of this," he bit, "I'll carry you in there if I have to."

"I c-can't dance." I warned.

"You'll learn." I was getting nowhere.

"You have five seconds to compose yourself." He informed.

"Five...four...three...two..." He brushed his nose against mine.

"One..." Our lips connected instantly.

The heated impact of his lips ran through my veins-allowing adrenaline to take over. When I was finally released, I muttered a simple "let's go."