Chapter 15

Harry was white. I didn't know if it was because I was so angry with him, or because he was embarrassed about the way I found out. Either way, he was frost white. I felt another hint of annoyance wash over me when I saw Ben walk through Harry's front door.

"What is this about, huh? I have a English test to study for!" He bit.

"Well, well, look who's back from the dead." I derided.

Ben turned just as white as Harry, "what's she talking about?"

"Joe over heard us talking in the hallway this morning." Harry kept his gaze on me though I refused to look at him.

"Joe..." Ben lulled.

"I don't know what pisses me off more! The fact that you were using me to get to Harry, or the fact that you lied to me about it!" I was livid, I had just met Ben and I didn't know what to expect from him. But for a while I was alleviated of the pain in my chest that had come over me after Max died. But, now everything was in vain.

"Joe-" Harry butted in.

"And you!" I swerved around to face him, his hurt eyes meeting with my angry ones. "Why did you lie to me? Do I not mean anything to you?" My hurt voice betrayed my angry demeanor.

Harry placed my face in his hands, "of course you do! You mean the world to me, which is why I had to make sure he was the real deal before I brought you into it. You were so happy with him, I couldn't break your heart like that." He caught the tear that rushed down my face.

"What does he want?" I pleaded.

"He wants to help us with Drake. How he got here from his coffin? That I have no idea." Harry glared past me.

"You may want to sit down..." Ben cautioned, "this may be a long one." **

"Drake did come for me shortly after Harry had shown me his scar." Ben's breathing began to change. "I don't remember much, but I do remember that it happened on my way home from school. He found me as I was walking down the block. He pulled me into an alley then..." Ben's voice cut off. "Anyway, I woke up to both of my parents screaming my name. He had left me there to die, bleeding and broken. I should've died..." A tear fell as he shut his eyes.

I took hold of his hand encouraging him to go on, I felt Harry cringe next to me.

"I knew I couldn't tell my parents what happened to me, but I also realized that if Drake found I was still alive, my whole family would endangered. So we devised a plan. I would fake my death, have a funeral so that Drake would believe I was dead. It would keep my family safe, and give me the chance to find this man and figure out why he was after Harry and everyone in his path. I left my parents shortly after and began to trace Drake's trails. I've followed him wherever he went, and I discovered that wherever Harry went, so did Drake."

"But why?" Harry asked, "what could I have possibly done to deserve this?"

"That's what I've trying to figure out, and I've created a theory."

"And what is that?" I picked.

Ben took a deep breath before speaking, "Harry, do you remember your first party Freshmen year?"

I turned to face Harry, he had turned pale again.

"Oh my gosh..." He whispered.

"What happened Freshmen year that was bigger than Harry being attacked by Drake?!" I was becoming exhausted by all of the secrets. It felt like they were leaking above my head, but every time I tried to reach for one, they would disappear.