Day One: The Walk [Pt.2]

~Shikamaru's POV~

     We were almost to the hotel by now. Only an hour left. Despite being too tired to put more effort into getting there, I'm a bit upset that I wont have more time to spend alone with (Y/N). Most people are a drag to talk to, but she was different. I could tell she was just as smart as I was even though all we talked about were unimportant things like the upcoming exams. It wasn't just the things she said, it was the way she chose her words. She could make a description of a plain glass of water into intellectual poetry. Typically such a trait that wouldn't intrigue me since I don't care to put that much effort into understanding something so simple. Something about her was definitely different. Not to mention the only girl I have ever thought was hot. Smokin' hot to be exact. 

     "I just realized how close we are! I haven't really gotten a chance to spend time with everyone lately. hopefully this weekend changes that" she said. 

     "Oh heh, yeah me too I guess. So what are you excited to do this weekend"? I asked. Hopefully the fact that I only wanted to spend time with her wasn't obvious. Honestly, as much as I somewhat like hanging out with everyone else here, SHE was the reason I came.

     "Well, I'm excited for the spa the most. My body is just so tight and sore. I'm in dire need of a massage" She said, And oh my god that was not the image I needed while I was walking right next to her. Thinking about my hands on her bare back, rubbing her down, hearing her describe her body as 'tight' almost made me loose it. What brought me back down to earth was the envy I have for the metaphorical person giving her this metaphorical massage. 

      "What about you"? she asked. I couldn't think of anything but her right now. What I wanted to say was completely perverted, and not to mention it was all about her. 

  "Uhhhh...... I-I'm sorry I gotta go ask Kiba something really quickly" was the only thing i could stammer out at a time like this. I sped up to him and asked him how to handle this situation. For the past few months, since I realized my feelings for her, I've been asking him for help. He just laughed and shook his head. 

      "Oh man Shikamaru, you defiantly got it bad. And for that reason I can't help you. If you really feel this way about her, you gotta do it yourself. There will come a day when I can't be your 'love sensei' anymore, and if you want her to stay with you, you need her to like you, not a puppet. Welcome to the big leagues" he said with a wink. I don't know why I built up his ego if he was just going to use it against me one day. As if he was really a master of love. However, he did have a point. I know that when I try to think about anything else, I'm a genius. But women was a subject that I just couldn't study.

      "There it is! oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on a hot steaming bowl of ramen! it's been hours since I even ate! I can't wait to rebuild my strength!" Naruto hollered, excited as ever. I rolled my eyes, but I to was excited to be able to rest. That and find a way to hang out with (y/n). 

     The hotel was just down the hill. Finally, all 10 of you shuffled into the foyer of the resort. (y/n) walked up to the receptionist desk and acquired out room keys. Once we got to our floor (y/n) stood there cornerd by 4 groups of 2. Sasuke and Naruto, Ino and Sakura, Hinata and Tenten, and Neji and Kiba. 

"So are you gonna give us our room keys or what?" Ino questioned. (y/n) looked confused, and as cute as she was when she was confused, I felt kinda bad for her. I know Ino didn't mean to make her feel weird, but she can get a little shy when she's the center of attention. 

     "well yeah, but first we need to pick roomates don't we?" she replied. after a second, she put it together, realizing that they were already with their roommates. 

     "Wh- wait, when did you guys pick out your roommates? I thought we were going to draw names out of a bowl?" she said. An idea that was no doubt proposed by either Ino or Sakura, since they both wanted to room with Sasuke, and knew he would never willingly spend more than 10 minuets with them at a time, let alone sleep in the same room as them.

     "Well, we all picked on the way here. We figured it would save time and let us get right to the relaxing portion of our trip" Tenten said. "Yea we tried to get your attention to tell you and Shikmaru but you two wouldn't pay us any attention, so we picked for our selves" Hinata admitted. I looked around to see that clearly everyone was taken. Everyone but (Y/N). I looked over at her to see her expression and it was one I couldn't read.

~end of part 2!~

again, sorry if it feels slow. I try to put lots of detail in foundation of the main events, and i know how boring that can be when it isn't executed right. So i tried to throw in some action between shika and y/n, but not too much. hopefully it's not too boring.