chapter eight : can i borrow a pencil?

A/N: WOW. It's been a while, eh? I genuinely forgot about this part of my life and I recently (and randomly) remembered it. And I am so glad that I did! I missed you guys and GOD DAMMIT i missed Jemi! A lot has happened in the past few years. I'm almost done with college and I started a position teaching at a school 2 years ago, so life has been hectic. We will not mention that Joe has married...her. We still stan Jemi. ok?!? I had to re-read my own story cause honestly forgot where I was going with things and what the hell happened so bare with me while i get back into things! I love ya'll! I'M BACK BABY!

[ The next day ; Lovato residence ; 10:45 a.m. ]

Demi's POV

"Wait.. Demi." Brie said as she grabbed my shoulders. "Did you or did you not have sex with Joe?" She asked as she stared me down. I shrugged which made her give me a "look" that I've seen from her before.

"Maybe...?" I said as I bit my lip.

"Demi Devonne Lovato." She stated as she crossed her arms. "Can I borrow a pencil?" She aggressively asked me.

No. She did not want to actually borrow a pencil. She was not going to write me a heartfelt note. That was our special code. Something we could say in a dire emergency when one of us need to spill the truth ASAP. And the other one HAS to tell the other the 100% truth. We also made it something easy to say during class. For obvious reasons.

"Ok ok! Yes!" I exhaled with relief.

"Demi..say it." She ordered. I rolled my eyes.

"You're being rid-" I started to say before she cut me off.

"Demi. It's code. Don't break girl code." She said with a smirk as she crossed her arms.

I sighed in defeat. "You're the worst." I said as a shook my head. "Fine. Joe and I had sex last night. There, you happy?" I said as I laid back on the bed.

"DEMI!" Brie squealed as she playfully hit me. "I'm your best friend! Why didn't you want to tell me!?"

I was quiet for a minute. I honestly don't know why I didn't tell her. She's right. She is my best friend and it's not like she hasn't heard about my sex life before. I guess it was just different with Joe. She laid next to me on her side so she was facing me.

"Was it...okay?" She asked me hesitantly. I glanced over at her with a smile.

"It was...amazing, Brie." I said with a smile so wide. Just thinking about that night made my whole body excited. "He was so gentle.. and passionate... and.."

"Huge?" Brie blurted out. I gasped and nudged her.

"BRIE!" I shouted. She giggled and shook her head.

"Okay, maybe I can understand why you didn't want to tell me right away. I guess it's different when we're talking about you banging someone we've known since we were kids." She stated as she sat up.

"I'm glad you get it." As I sat up with her. I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"But don't think this gets you out of talking about it! I wanna know details. Is he good with his mouth?" She joked. Buzz.