chapter three : christmas eve with the jonas'

careless ; chapter three

[ brookyln, new york ; day before christmas eve ; 8:24 p.m. ]

Joe's POV

"You do?" Demi asked me with her cute little giggle. I set down my coffee cup on my coffee table and put my arm around her. We were sitting on the couch in my apartment. Demi was cuddled up under a blanket and had her legs draped over my lap. I smiled at her and pushed some hair behind her ear.

"Yes. Why? You don't?" I asked her a little worried. She giggled and gave leaned closer and gave me a quick peck as she cupped my face, then sat back to her original position.

"Of course I think about our future." She said with her adorable big smile. I chuckled and gave her a quick peck on her blushing cheek.

"Oh you do, do you?" I said with a smirk. She cutely scrunched up her nose and looked at me. "What do you think about?" I asked as I pulled her closer to me. She rested her head on my chest and started drawing circles on my chest with her finger.

"Lots of things." She said as she stared at her finger that was starting to make other shapes on my chest. I couldn't quite make them out but I could tell they were definitely different than circles.

"Like...?" I said as I gave her a 'don't give me brief answers' look. She smirked and gave me a playful sigh.

"You running around with our little boys. Teaching them how to play soccer in our backyard." She said with an endearing glance.

"You want boys?" I asked her a little surprised. We hadn't talked about kids or marriage before this so I wasn't exactly sure what she wanted.

"Mhmm." She mumbled.

"Me too." I said as I smiled at her.

"Boys are so much more fun! Girls are too demanding and not to mention expensive." She admitted as she looked up at me.

"I couldn't agree more. Boys it is." I said with a smirk. We were both silent for a minute, not really sure what else to say about that particular topic.

"You know..." Demi dragged on. I looked over at her waiting for her to continue what she was saying.

"Yes?" I asked curiously.

"In order to have kids..." She said with a 'you know where I'm going with this' look. I shot her a 'are you really gonna go there' look.

"I told you Dems, I want it to be special. It'll happen when it happens." I told her as I cupped her face with one of my hands and stroked her cheek with my thumb. She looked up at me with a understanding look.

"I know, I know. I just.." She said as she sat up and moved herself so she was straddling me. She cupped my face with her hands and looked at me in the eyes. "I just love you and want to show you how much I truly do." She said as our noses touched. She leaned in closer and started to kiss me. I almost immediately smiled between the kiss. She started running her fingers through my hair and the kiss started to grow deeper. I was tempted to go further but this moment still wasn't special enough. I wanted it to be extremely romantic. A night neither of us would forget. Because for me it wouldn't just be sex. It would us sharing something really special. Yeah, we had already lost our virginity's to other people but while I can't say the same for Demi, losing my virginity to Missy meant nothing. I didn't even really want to do it, but she wouldn't stop bugging me and was constantly all over me. But doing it with Demi would actually mean something to me. She was my everything.

Things started to heat up more and for once Demi was the one that stopped, instead of me. I looked at her for a moment.

"Not the right time, huh?" She asked already knowing what I was thinking. I smiled to myself as she said this. It made me smile that she really did understand me. She could tell what I was thinking without even looking at me.