Carl x Reader (Firelight)

You Stared into the bright flickering light as the fire grew and died as small gusts of wing blew in, You felt the log you were leaned against dip in slightly with more weight.

You looked over and smiled as Carl sat down next to you, "Hey.. Shouldn't you be in bed?" you asked with a small yawn.

He laughed quietly and nodded "I could ask you the same thing." he said cupping his hands together tightly.

You nodded "Couldn't Sleep." you said simply in reply. 

He nodded and scooted towards you, putting on of his arms around your small meek frame, "You should really try, we have a big day tomorrow."  He said scooting back so you could Lean back on him.

You sighed as your eyes drooped down tiredly, "Thank you.." you mumbled curling up into his lap his arms still tightly wrapped around you.

You felt so protected, like he'd do anything to Save you, like he wouldn't let anybody hurt you.  

For once in a very very long time you felt safe, and with that you fell asleep in his arms the firelight illuminating your face in a glassy red and orange glaze. 

((I KNOW. There shorter and i'm sorry but trust me i will start writing longer ones as i get into the series a bit more.))