Chapter One: Taken.

ABOVE: Sia

NOTE: i wrote this when i was 12 and ive done my best to fix my shitty spelling and grammar.

chapter one:

"I love it here!" 

Claire calls, enjoying the simple pleasure of a public park swing. Her perfectly platinum blond hair bounces off of her shoulders as her legs thrust forward, making her eyes seem like blue gems under the twilight. My best friend of many years passes me a long smile, clearly satisfied with our new home.

After graduating together, it was more than obvious that we would move in together. Sharing a small yet spacious house only a walk away from the local playground & park - we decided it was time to explore.

"It's pretty cool," I agree with her, sitting on the park bench admiring the long row of trees that seem to go on for forever. A forest I suspect, adding greenery to the scene. I look up at the sky and see that the clouds are shifting in and the colour is glowing to glow slightly darkly. "It's getting a bit late, Claire"

"Aw, can't we just stay here for a little while longer?" 

"I suppose." I sigh, sounding like her parent. 

And just as a child, soon after she decides she has had enough. Hopping off of her swing seat, she stretches her arms to the grayish sky. Night begins to approach the park, bringing a heavy gust of chilly wind along with it.

"Come on then," She gestures with her hand for me to follow her, "It's gettin' freaking cold." 

I watch her shiver while the goosebumps on my own ivory skin begin to gradually raise. I let my brownish hair down to cover my bare shoulders, crossing my arms to save my body heat. I see that Claire does the same. We would look like twins if her hair wasn't so blond.

"Sugar honey ice tea!" She screams. My heart seems to have jumped out of my chest, making me breath in a fast pace. I turn to her with a worried look, with a hint of anger as well for giving me the biggest fright of my life. She stands with her arms now to her side, and her mouth wide open. Her eyes - like stone, as if she had seen Medusa. 

"What is it?" I grab her arm, trying to figure out what she can see that I clearly cant'.

"Wolf!" She exclaims, pointing towards a perfectly trimmed shrub. She guides my eyes to where she thinks she sees a wolf, but all I see is a shrub. 

"I don't see a wolf, Claire." I shake my head at her "It was probably a really big stray cat or something." 

"I know what I saw, Anastasia" She tries to scowl me. Her thin eyebrows burrow together in an aggressive way, looking miffed.

"It's Sia." I correct her, reminding her for the hundredth time my preferred name. "And come on, even if there was a wolf what would---"

"Shh!" She hisses slamming her index finger against my lips, so I can't even talk. "Do you hear that? I think I heard a growl." 

I shoot her a look that reads "you're crazy", she heaves a huff at me in response. Vividly feeling invalidated, she storms off with out me, right towards the shrub. I watch her at first, waiting for her to see the empty shrub and walk back home with me. But then she begins to shuffle through bushes, into the forest.

"Hey, Claire! You can't go into a forest at night!" I chase after her as her radiant eyes scan the ground, like she's a detective or something. 

"Why? Afraid of wolves?" She snickers taking a left. The trees cover the little light the sun still offers us, I can only just make out where I am or what I'm standing on.