Chapter Two: The Deal

ABOVE: claire

Chapter Two: The Deal.

I woke up to a thunderous howl. 

Yes a howl, I swear it was a howl. 

"Sia?!" It yelled. Considering how deep this was, It could only be one person - Douche Bag. I still refuse to calling him by his name.  "Oh my god, Sia!" I find it funny how much he's freaking out, I can hear his feet thumping all over the place.

"Calm down, Alpha." Someone tells him. Is his nick name Alpha or something?

"NO! I won't calm down! I've lost her, I've lost my mate!" He yells back at them.

"Just sniff her out." 

I don't know what 'sniff her out' means, but it must work because with in nine seconds he swung open the door. 

"What the hell are you doing in here?" His voice is high pitched with relief, and his puffing like he almost had a heart attack. "Who let you in here?" He's serious now.

"Kevin," I croak.

"Kevin!" Douche Bag yells at the roof. Just at the sound of the letter 'K' Kevin is already in the room yawning. 

"What?" He scratches the back of his neck as if it's a normal morning and we're all having breakfast over a table.

"What is she doing in here?" Douche Bag throws a couple fingers pointing at me.

"Well I'm sorry that she was kidnapped by you and she was trying to run away. And I'm also sorry for helping you out and convincing her to stay here." Kevin puts his hands up in surrender. 

"Why couldn't she sleep in my room?" 

"Why don't you ask her that," Both their heads snap back to me and I feel pressured to answer. I just look at them blankly until Kevin gives me the nod of  'Go Ahead'. 

"You scare me."

"Because that's what happens when you kidnap your mate, Max" Kevin rubs his forehead in disapproval.

"What's a mate?" I ask. If I'm Max's mate does that mean that I'm his friend? That's what they refer to friends as now days "Oh that's just my mate." and if he wants to be friends why would he kidnap me? Nothing make's sense. 

"Now look what you've done." Max sighs looking at me with annoyance in his eyes, almost like I did something wrong. 

"I did nothing. This is all you." Kevin pats him on the back. Walking out of the room with out a second look. 

-----

I tried questioning him once more about what a 'Mate' was, but he just told me to drop it. He's very defensive over the subject.

I'm trying to analyze him, and maybe outsmart him one day. I'm trying my best t to analyze this Oliver guy too, but I never see him. I never get to see Claire either, and it kills me that I don't know if she's safe or not.

Douche Bag forced me back to his room after this morning. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it doesn't matter how hot he looks - that son of a bitch took me. So at this perfect opportunity I punch him in the jaw and make a run for it. He shouts out a word that I'd rather not repeat and holds his jaw. 

I boost for it, out the door, down stairs, through the kitchen, past the living room and out the front door. 

I've always enjoyed running, mainly because I'm good at it. I don't even care if I get skewered by those sharp edges on the gate, as long as I'm out of here.