Chapter Twenty Seven: Saving, Surviving and Sorry

brACE YOurselves....

The Weapon Room was absolutely packed,  everyone was grabbing their chosen weapons getting ready for the combat that would take place very soon.

All I was trying to do was grab a sliver case at the back of the room that read 'Anastasia'  but oh no, there was hundreds of big, bulky men. I starred at the case for  a good two minutes looking for the right time to make my move, but there was no right time.

It really freaked me out when the case started to move towards me. No one was touching it, let alone looking at it,  what was happening? It started to hover down at my hands until it dropped all its weight  - and I caught it.

"Huh?" I didn't have the time to be questioning how this happened  but what? How did it move?

"Well you can thank me later, " I heard a familiar voice, "I'm in a bit of a rush. "

And then it clicked. Of course, it was Jordayne the sorceress.

"Thank you,  Jordayne. Be really safe okay?"

"You're welcome, and thank you for caring about me you're a really good friend."

"I love you." I blurt out and she smiles widely, her brown eyes turn bright and glossy, her checks turn rose and at this point she looks beautiful.

"I love you too, " She starts walking past me and her dark hands cup around ny ears as she begins to whisper.

"I'm pregnant." I smile happy for her, but she's already gone.

Jordayne and Kevin are going to have a baby.

--

With my two swords on my back finally I rush to grab a few things. I may be here to fight, but I did plan on going to med school.

I rush into the medical ward of the house and run my hands down cupboards.

I take the bag that's connected to my leather armor and fill it with bandages, anti bacterial wash, cotton buds, scissors, pliers, cloth and aspirin. 

"Medic, eh?" I hear a voice.  I know that there was another person in here when i walked in,  and they probably only want to talk.

"No.. I'm a Drea, there's no doubt not enough medics so I'm just taking a hit. "

I crouch down to the lower cupboards.

"You know, good on ya. All these guys are worried about is fighting and war, what are they gonna do when someone dies? " His Irish accent had become more evident.

"Not much is all I can say. " I tell him grabbing matches and two aluminum bottles.

"The name's Quinn, who might you be?"

I'm filling the bottles up with water by the time I answer.

"Ah, Quinn. " I pause twisting the caps back on "Zach's told me about you, I'm Sia."

"Ooh yes I do believe I've heard of you. "

"Are you a medic?" I ask now looking at him and what he is doing.

"By choice not by command" He gives me a cheesy smile. He has ruffled light blond hair that may or may not be from the stress of all of this. His light blue eyes are turning a little red. His olive skin is glowing and I watch as he packs a medical kit.

"I just really love helping people. Especially the ones that deserve it." He tells me.

I zip my bag up and strap it on my back once  more, tying a knot between the two straps so they reach across my chest.