Chapter Nine: Like a Dream come True.

ABOVE: Max

Cheers for 900 reads :) 

~

My silent screams wake me up, my heart pounding once again and I find myself gasping for much needed air. Consuming myself with only terror and shock I stare blankly at Max - Who has now woken up because of my sudden outburst - and clutch to the bed sheets. 

"The dream again?" He asks, The green in his eyes fading into a concerned colour. Almost a worrying ocean.  

I nod silently, rolling my lips together my gaze shifting from Max to the floor. My pulse is heavy, and I am almost certain that Max himself can feel my vibrations just by being close to me. It's been many times now, that I have had the same dream.

Claire.

Being chased into the woods. 

Her innocence being captured.

And I despise of it. I despise of myself who is dreaming of it, but I can not help it. It makes mes feel sick to my stomach that everytime I close my eyes I will see my best friend being dragged. It is not normal, I feel disgusting for even thinking it. It's a feeling that one can not explain. 

"I just...I don't even know...." Everytime I try to explain things to him I get lost in a sea of words that over flow me. Words can not explain this, because it's not just the dream - It's the churn of my stomach that goes with it, It's the mental damage it gives you from witnessing something that you would do anything to stop but can not prevent. 

"I know," Max pats that back of my head lightly, trying to hold a smile but I just can't bring myself to smile back. Not even for him.

You don't know. Is what I would like to tell him, but I don't. He's to good to me. 

"You'll get through it," He assures me "But for now we have to go to Zach's Pack." 

"But isn't Zach here?" Changing the subject seems good to me, I need it out of my mind. I wonder what Claire would think if I told her about these horrid figments of my imagination. She'd probabaly laugh and wave it off, say that I'm cute for dreaming about her. 

"Pack meeting, His pack terotory is the biggest, the only place big enough to host all of us," 

"Will Claire be there?"

"Yeah."

~

Claire and I weren't really needed, just for our own 'Protection'. You see, it is an Alpha and Beta meeting, and the addition of some of the others (Such as Ian and Kevin), and seeing as that no one would be at the house they had to take us with them. (Max and Oliver did say that if we knew people at Area 2 - Which they still need to show us - They would let us stay at home. But our comfort is most important for them) 

So here we are. My best friend and I. Watching a few of the Alpha and Beta children. Around seven boys and girls squealing and tagging each other. We were kicked outside in the kindest way possible, Being told that if we had the knowledge of what could be heard in there we could be looked upon as a threat from opposing packs. 

Nevertheless, little Tom and Rosie are cute together. Although they do not know it, the little pups before me are destined to be soul mates. Fate has brought the two together, and I sure want an invite to their wedding because they may be only five - But they already show signs of relationship building. It is of course, only in their nature. 

"Come on, Claire!" A little girl full of sass and joy tugs on my blond best friends sleeve until achieving to get her up. 

"Sia, Let's go!" A little boy, Who's name I recall is Thomas pulls me up, pulling facial expressions at my weight and pretending to be tough. He get's there... in the end.