Chapter 1

Penny

"Simon, you need to clean up!" I shout from my bedroom.

"But Penny, Baz is home and I don't think I should leave his side. He might need help with some of his uni work," Simon replies.

"I don't give a fuck about Baz. No offense, Baz."

"None taken, Bunce," Baz calls.

"Simon, please. Micah's coming into town today and the flat needs to be clean. It's been four months since I've seen him and he hasn't been here since we moved in."

I hear something fall. Baz mutters something and Simon apologises. Then Simon runs into my room. "Micah's coming? Why didn't you tell me? Crowley, Penny! A little heads up would be nice." Simon is panting like he's out of breath. You'd think he'd be in shape, seeing as he's always lugging his wings and tail around with him, but no. I think he has something against exercise.

Baz is not far behind Simon. "Didn't I tell you, Snow?" Simon shakes his head and glares at Baz. "It must have slipped my mind. Why do you think I'm home all week?"

"I don't know. I figured it was because you loved me. And it didn't slip your mind, you just didn't tell me."

"Well, I do love you. But that wasn't the reason this time." Baz leans in to kiss Simon and I clear my throat.

"Look, just because you two haven't seen each other in a whole two days, doesn't mean that you can carry on with these disgusting PDA's," I say.

"Oh, like you and Micah won't be doing the same thing," Simon mumbles.

"That's different, Snow." Baz says, "Micah has been in America and Bunce is just super horny. We should let her have this weekend," Baz replies, coolly.

"Oh, shut it, Basil. I haven't seen my boyfriend in four months, and I'm about to go pick him up from the airport. When I get home, the flat should be clean. And Baz, no magick. Simon has to do it himself," I say, walking past the two of them and grabbing my coat.

"What? Penny, come on! You'll be gone maybe half an hour! How do you expect me to clean this flat all by myself?"

I wrap my scarf around my neck, "Figure it out, Simon," I say, winking at him. "I'll be home soon. I'll text you when I see Micah. Be good, boys!" I call, walking out the door.

Honestly, I don't know what Simon is complaining about. The flat isn't even that messy. There are just a few dishes in the sink and some cups on the end table. I shouldn't expect it to be too hard, but knowing Simon, it'll take him the whole time just to get the dishes washed.