5th Night: Foul Taste and Suspicions

I'm going to continue from the last chapter. If you're wondering if I forgiven Bob for deleting this story the answer is no. But I gave him a task to do while I was out of town for my sister's graduation. If he does it, I'll be happy.

Ayane's Pov:

I was walking toward the Headmaster's private home on campus. I can't believe I let Kain get away with drinking my blood. Should have stabbed him when I had the chance. But, then Yuuki would have stopped me like she did with Zero. I'm glad he shot his gun though. Who knows what else they could have done.

I kept my hand on my neck to stop the bleeding. Though I could feel my dhampir blood slowing heal it. It would still need a bandage for tomorrow when I enter class. Hope no one asks me what happened. Because I will end up saying that it was a vampire.

"Aya-chan," I heard Yuuki's voice, scensed her presense, and heard her fast approaching footsteps. From the steps she took I could tell she was running. I fasten my pace a bit. "Aya-chan, matte!"

I did finally stop walking. I quickly turn to glare at Yuuki. "What?!"

Yuuki jumped a bit off-balance. When she recovered she said, "You were so rude to Kaname-senpai!"

My eyes narrowed. I knew she would come to me because of that. "Rude?" I said, plainly. "That wasn't rude. That was as nice as a statement I would give to a damn blood sucking monster like him."

Yuuki's eyes widen and shimmer with tears in her eyes. She was such a crybaby. Yuuki blinked her tears away and yelled, "What's wrong with you?! Kan--"

"What's wrong with me?" I repeat. "What's wrong with me?! What is wrong with YOU?!" I point in the direction we came from. "They attacked us!"

Yuuki shrugs. "It was harmless fun." She stated with a blush showing on her stupid, clueless face.

I laughed, sarcastically. "Harmless?" I laugh again. "Harmless she says." I turn my head and put down my hand to show her the mark Kain entailed on me. "Do you call this harmless?!"

Yuuki took a moment in horror to gaze at the mark. She said nothing. I could see the questions forming in her mind. I didn't need to have Sora's mind reading power to know. 'The Night Class are good people.' She's thinking. 'They wouldn't hurt anyone.'

"Get real, Yuuki!" I said, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Whatever messed up dream world you have of you living "happily ever after" with your precious Kuran...WAKE UP!!" For once, Yuuki was actually silent. 'Good.' I thought.

Or so I thought. "I don't get it." she said. "You just said that you knew that vampires and humans could coexist. Yet you act this way."

I smirk. "You weren't listening to the key points of what I said, Yuuki." I try to explain. "I said I witnessed one vampire who showed me true kindness. I never said that he showed that toward--" I stop short. I was about to say "a human". Yuuki and everyone here, including the Night Class, think that I'm am human. Well, expect Sora.

I blink. Sora. He knows I'm a dhampir. I shook my head. No. I thought. He wouldn't dare tell.

Yuuki looked as though she was trying to figure out what I was about to say. I felt a presense come from behind Yuuki. It felt like a vampire. But in the end, Zero came out of the shadows. "Senpai!"

Yuuki looks at him. "Zero..."

Zero walks pass Yuuki by a few steps. He looks at me with eyes I didn't recoginize on him. I think they were worried eyes. "You okay?" He asked me. "Does you neck hurt?"

I was surprised that he asked me that. My cheeks went a little red. I lower my gaze to the ground. "Um...a bit." I mutter. Then I nod. "But...I'm okay."