11th Night: The Truth

Ayane's Pov:

I sunk to my knees, next to my gunscythe. I couldn't believe it. How could this happen? When did this happen? Why didn't I notice any signs? Was my vision telling me that it already happen? Was it warning me? 

I saw Yuuki try to stand to her feet. The bite marks on her neck exposed the blood spilling out of the holes. The smell of irony blood was strong. Really strong. I couldn't take it. It was too much. I felt my eyes turn red and my throat begin to claw. The atmosphere was heavy. I couldn't breathe that I began to choke. I felt so dizzy. My world was spinning.

"So," I heard a voice say. "You have finally fallen to a blood thirsty beast." I knew that voice. But I couldn't identify it. I look back up and saw Yuuki standing behind a man in a Night Class uniform. That was Kuran Kaname. And he...he was standing in front of Zero.

My eyes widen. No! I screamed in my head. I try to stand to my feet. I had to use my hands to grab the bars on the stairs to pull myself up. "Kuran..." I grit my teeth. "Don't touch him, you monster!"

I saw Kuran give me a bemused look. "Me? The monster?" he said. "I am not the one who is plastered in Yuuki's blood."

My body shook. The atmosphere was taking a toll on me and it soon caved it. I collapsed back on the stairs and blacked out.

*later*

I bolt up, panting for air. "Calm down." I heard a voice say. "Calm down. It's okay, Ayane-chan."

I turn my head to see the headmaster sitting in a chair next to me. "Headmaster?" I pant.

He gently pats my back in a smooth motion. "Just breathe. You are safe now."

My eyes searched around the room. I was laying in a bed that was in the nurse's office. She wasn't in. Of course she wasn't. It was late so she must have gone home. My breathing began to slow down a bit. "What happened?" I ask.

The headmaster took a breath. "Yes, well..." He cleared his throat as he took off his glasses. The tone in his voice was serious. "You don't remember, do you?" Remember? I thought, shaking my head. He nods. "I see. I had hoped this would be easier to explain."

I blink. "Explain what?"

"Kiryuu-kun...he bit Yuuki-chan." I said nothing. I did remember that. But for some reason, that didn't seem all by the look on the headmaster's face. "And then you attacked her as well."

That did it. My eyes widen in fear. "I did what?" He nods his head and didn't say anything. "But I..." I shook my head. "No, I couldn't have! I didn't! I-" I stopped talking. I smelt blood. It was close by.

My head looked down and I saw red gloo on my hands. Blood. How did this... I thought. Oh, god. It's true. Isn't it? "I know, Ayane-chan." I look up at the headmaster. "Although I didn't believe it at first, I do know. You are a dhampir, aren't you?" I said nothing. I just looked at him. "Kaname-kun told me not to long ago. He told me that you are a dhampir. I didn't believe him because I didn't think that it was possible. But here you are."

I still said nothing. Kuran knew what I was? How can that be? Then I remembered. Sora-kun told me that Kuran had figured but ignored the thought. Maybe he was still solving the puzzle. I look down and pulled my legs to my chest as I rested my head on my knees. "Is Yuuki okay?" I ask.

I had a feeling that he was smiling to try to cheer me up. "She is alright for now. Just in a bit of a shock." he explained. Of course she was. I thought. Senpai is a vampire. He bit her. Then I attacked her as well. She has every right to be scared now.