12th Night: Transferring

Yuuki's Pov:

I was walking down a hall in the corridor, resuming my nightly patrol. Even though the headmaster told me to go off to bed and rest. I was walking pas the headmaster's office when I heard, "How long do you plan on keeping Ayane and Kiryuu-kun in the Day Class?"

I blink my eyes. Kaname-senpai? I realized. "Well," said the headmaster. "Never before has there been a student transferred from the Day Class into the Night Class."

I peeked through the crack in the door. Kaname raised his eyebrows. "That isn't relavent. The longer you keep those two with the human students the more chances that there will be bloodshed." He explained. "You have no choice. You must switch them now!"

I gasp. He wants to...put Zero and Aya-chan... I turned and ran away.

Kaien's pov:

I sat at my desk, quietly. I know what Kaname was asking. But how could I do such a thing Zero already hates vampires. He spent a whole school year locked in his room just because I created the Night Class about two years ago. It was a hassle to get him to enroll himself into Cross Academy this year. All I had to do was say that Yuuki and Ayane would be there. Ayane too refused to go at first. Tat's when I told her about being Student Council President. What she could do and she caved in. And after what she told me earlier. I can't allow Kaname to take her. I swore and promised her that I wouldn't allow that pain upon her life again. I just can't.

"I sense that you are worried." said Kaname. I look at him.  "But you should know that there is no way around this decision."

I shook my head. "Actually there is." Kaname's keen eyes stare at me. Like a hawk watching his prey, awaiting to strike. I took a small breath. "If I had two of my students transferred into the Night Class, it will raise suspcions." I state. "Our job is to make sure that the vampires are kept a secret from the humans so they may coexist. And to keep things peaceful and orderly."

Kaname nods. "Yes. I know." he says. "But if you continue this charade any longer, our means of coexisting will be for not." I said nothing. Although, I was able to keep Zero under control there is no telling about Ayane's condition.

A sigh escapes my lips. "Very well." I said, a little saddened by the result. "I will inform them in the morning." Kaname nods his head and leaves. I stood from my chair and went over to the window. I took off my glasses and placed my head on the cold surface of the window. A sigh escapes my lips causing the window to fog up. "What am I to do?" I thought out loud. "Both of my children..."

Yuuki's pov:

I was outside, standing below Zero's dorm window. I understand what Kaname-senpai is saying. I thought. Since Zero and Aya-chan are vampires they will need to be with their own kind.

I gulp. But how will that turn out? They both hate vampires so much that they wouldn't hesitate to kill them. To hate themselves for what they were becoming. It was more of a beast in human form. I said earlier to Zero. I began to cry. How could I have said that?! So cruel...

*later the next morning*

Zero and Ayane didn't show up to class. I was prepared to take extra notes for them. Compared to Ayane's, my notes were so sloppy.

Yori sat next to me. "Where's Zero-kun and Ayane-san?" she asked. me. "They aren't here?"

I shook my head. "Zero didn't feel well last night." I lied but it wasn't a lie. "And Aya-chan is having a check-up." That was most likely a lie but Ayane might be with the nurse right now. So it might not be a lie.

Yori looked a little worried now. "Are you feeling sick too?" she asked me. I blink. "Your necked and wrist are all bandadged up. I was wondering about that last night when you returned."