7th Night: Blood for Chocolate

Ayane's Pov:

Valentines Day was tomorrow. The most "exicting" day of the year. Especially, since there are millions of Night Class fans who want to give chocolates to the boys of the Night Class. A sigh left my lips. I offered to help Yuuki and Zero at the switchover because I knew they would need the extra help.

I went to a meeting for Student Council a few days ago. I told them about an idea the Headmaster thought of for the gift exchange. Well, when he told it to me I just made it better. Each Night Class would have a gate with their name on it. If there was a Day Class student who was going to give something to that Night Class boy, they would stand in a single line behind that gate and give it to them. "One gift each." I told them at the meeting. "This shouldn't be a compettion." The other members seemed to agree but they would soon forget.

The only problem was how, no, if the gates would work. I told Yuuki and Zero about the gates right after the meeting was over. "It would make your job a lot easier." I said.

Yuuki cheered. "I love it!"

Zero raised an eyebrow. "What was the orignial plan?"

I knew he was going to ask that. "Do you really want to know, Senpai?"

He leaned back in his seat. "If you put it that way, then no." He looks at me. "When are these so called gates going to be put up?"

I shrug. "The Headmaster said he would think about it later. But I think it will be up the night before."

Yuuki thought for a moment. She seemed to be thinking hard. "Will we get to use the gates all the time?" she asked herself.

I shrug. "You got me." I thought about seeing them in the future. Not really thought about it but tried to see a vision of it. I didn't. "Um...ask the Headmaster."

"Yeah, I should."

That was over a week ago. Now the big day was tomorrow. And every girl in the Day Class was hyper. They whispered to their friends who they were giving chocolates to. The Day Class boys were upset because they weren't getting anything. I felt sorry for them.

"Are you exchanging gifts, Yori-chan?" Yuuki asked.

Sayori shook her head. "No. I'm not interested." She looks at us. "What about you two?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Me neither."

Yuuki looks at me shocked. "What about Momohara-kun? He'll be upset."

I said nothing. I just raised my eyebrow. "What about you Yuuki-chan?"

Yuuki's cheeks grew bright red. But she hid it with a smile. "N-No. I'm not giving either."

Sayori and I exchange a look. The two of us both see a pamphlet on the desk in front of her. It looked like a pamphlet full of chocolates in all shapes, sizes, and decorations. "What's that then?" Sayori asks.

Yuuki gasps and hid it with her hands. "What's what?" she lied with a smile.

I sigh. "Just admit you want to."

"It's not like that!" Yuuki yells. "Besides, this isn't what for Valenitnes Day."

I blink. "It's not?" I still knew she was lying behind that smile of hers. Her face was still red.

Sayori still looked interested. "Oh really?" she asked. "What is it for?" A dark, vampire like presense raged behind us. "You're in trouble."

"You seriously thinking of giving him that?!" Zero groans.

Yuuki shook her head. "I'm not giving this to anyone! Knock it off!"

I've never given chocolates. Before, I didn't know what Valentines Day was until three years ago. I thought it was weird giving guys you liked chocolates. But Yuuki said it didn't have to be someone you liked when we were younger. But the look in her eyes were thinking I might have a crush like she does. And she may think it is Sora. But I don't like Sora like that. I like him as a friend.