Chapter 3

I woke up smiling. When I realized why I was smiling my smile sank. I was smiling because I had a dream about Robin , Henry , Roland , and me acting like a family. I sat up and put my face in my hands. I have known this guy for 2 days and I'm already having dreams about him? I lift my face up and get out of bed. I put on clothes for the day . I look at my phone to see what time it is and I read 11:28pm. Before I can even think about what to do I hear a loud bang down stairs. I quickly get down there and I see Henry in the kitchen with pots and pans. 

     I rub my eyes "Henry? What are you doing here?". Henry answered "Emma dropped me off." . I get angry "She just dropped you off while I was asleep?". He explains "I told her you were awake.". I frown "Why would you lie?". "Because then she wouldn't have let me stay until you woke up and I wanted to make you breakfast." he says sweetly. I laugh " It's 11:30! It's almost lunch time.". He laughs then he says "So much for breakfast.". I smile "How about you sit down and I can make you lunch?". He ran to the table and sat down. 

    Minutes later I sat our plates on the table. Both plates had chicken alfredo on them. I sat down across from him and he said thank you. Henry and I talked and talked. Finally at about 4:00pm I heard a knock on the door. I answered it and it was Emma. She said "Hey, I came to pick up Henry.". I stepped aside to let her in then I called " Henry! ". Henry came running into the room . Emma asked " Are you ready to go?". He says " Actually I think I'm going to stay here tonight.". Emma looks at me and I approve "It's fine with me.". Emma says "Okay.". She smiles at Henry then hugs him. Henry and I say "Bye" as she walks out the door.

   I suggest to Henry that we play a board game so he runs off and comes back with "Sorry".  After Henry won for the millionth time I finally said "Fine , you are the Sorry champion. ". He gave me the biggest grin and said "Thank you." as if he knew he earned it.

   At about 8:00pm I say " Alright , it's time for you to go to bed.". He nodded in disappointment and said "I was wondering when you would say that.". I gave him a pity smile and walked him up to his bed room. I stuck him in under his bed sheets and kiss him on the forehead. I start to walk to the door and he says "Good night , mom.". I smile and look back at him "Goodnight , Henry.". I turn off his bedroom lights and shut the door.

   I smile as I walk back downstairs. My smile quickly fades as I think about having to wash the dishes. As I begin to wash the dishes I hear a knock on the door. I wash of my hands off quickly then walk to the door. I open the door to see Robin. He smiles and says "Hey. Do you want company?". I was kind of shocked for him to ask this because we've only known each other for a couple days. I guess he saw the shock on my face so he says "Actually , you seem busy so I will just.." . He began to walk away , but I say "Hey, Robin. I'm not busy. It's just I can't go any where because I have Henry here.". Robin turns around to face me "Oh. ". I smile at him and say "You can come in.". He smiles back and follows me inside.

   We sit in our spots from last night. We sat in silence for a moment and then he asked "You said Henry is here?...". I say "Yeah , he's asleep."then when he nods in understanding I say "Where's Roland?". He answers "Roland and Little John are at the hotel probably going to bed by now.". I smile "This Little John fellow sure must care for Roland a lot. ". "Yes, he does." Robin agreed  then he continued to say "Maybe you can meet him tomorrow?". I smile "Sure , sounds fun.". It's kind of silly, but the fact that I will get to see him tomorrow makes me happy. He asks cheerfully "What would you like to do?". I start grinning which makes him suspicious. He sighs ,but still smiling "Oh no. What is it?".

    I say "There's a movie that I would like you to see.". He is intrigued "My first movie. What is it called?". I start trying to hold in my laugh "Robin Hood.". He chuckles "Is this the one about a fox?". My mouth dropped "You've never seen a movie. How do you know?". Robin tells me "Neal. He kept laughing about me apparently being a fox in this movie.". I keep smiling ,but let out a sigh "Well, what else can we do?". He says "Hmm..." he pauses to think. When he finally thinks of something he says "If we are all fairytale characters ... Don't you have a movie?". I frown "Yes , but I'm the Evil Queen.". He places his hand on my shoulder and says "They have you all wrong then.". He has left me speechless. He really believes that I'm good even though he knows all of the vile stuff I've done. We were dazed. We just gazed at each other. I broke the gaze and I just glanced back at him. Every time I see Robin I like him more and more. Which for me means ,for some reason, my subconscious wants to push him away.

    I quickly say "I'm tired.". I immediately regret saying that for two reasons. The first reason is that I didn't mean it. I don't even know why I said it. If we would have kept that staring at each other thing up for much longer we would have kissed or something. I just can't do that. He probably can't either because of Marian. So maybe I saved the day for both of us. Plus things are good between us as friends. The second and most important reason I wish I hadn't said that was the fact that right when I looked away he looked hurt . He probably hasn't even talked to a women like this since Marian and I just rejected him. I wanted to take back what I said so much , but I couldn't . They had already been said.

       He looked at me and gave me one nod. He started walking towards the door. I can't believe he is still being a gentlemen to me after what I just did. He knows I'm lying and yet he just plays along. I stood up and said "Robin.". He turned around still looking upset "Yes?". I walk towards him and stop about 3 feet away from him. I tear up and say "I'm sorry. I just-" then I was at a loss for words. I just begin to cry. Robin grabs me and holds me closely wrapping his arms around me "Hey , hey. It's fine , Regina. I understand.". I knew he did understand too , but just because he understands doesn't mean it didn't hurt him. I begin to wrap my arms around him as well. I stopped crying and we hold each other for awhile. Finally he holds my arms softly and looks at me with tenderness "Regina, you should get some rest.". I nod and I hug him before I watch him walk out of the house.

    I wake up extra early for Henry so he could get to school. I make breakfast and when he is finished eating he walks to school. I begin to get ready for the day. At about 8:00am an unknown number calls me. I answer it "Hello?". "Hi! Regina , Bael- I mean Neal just showed me how to use a phone!" Tinkerbelle exclaims. Something about this makes me crack up. I start laughing then ask "Tink, do you want to meet me at Granny's?". Tinkerbelle respond "Sure! Want to meet now?". I agree "Yes. That sounds fine.".

    I arrive at Granny's and Tinkerbell is already sitting in one of the booths. I sit down across from her. She gives me a bright smile and asks "What's on your mind?". I narrow my eyes at her to observe her more closely. I say "Tink, what's going on?". She asks "What do you mean?" trying to play dumb. I answer "I've known you for a long time I can tell when you are hiding something.". She doesn't even put up a fight to not tell me. She starts "Okay." with a smile. "Neal told me that Robin went to your house to hang out last night.". My eyes went wide "Neal told you? How does Neal know?". Tinkerbell's eyes grew wider than mine " So, it's true?".  "Yes, but how does Neal know?" I ask again. Tinkerbell answers "Apparently Robin told John so that John would keep an eye on Roland. Roland overheard the conversation and told Neal this morning.". I smirk at how sneaky Roland is. 

   Tinkerbell leaned forward "So , what happened?". I felt like such a teenager right now. I smiled "Which night?". Tinkerbell asked "He came over more than one night?" . I nod "Yeah he came over last night and the night before.". Tinkerbell smiles "Do you think he will come tonight?". I frown "No , I don't.". Tinkerbell asks "Why?".

    I inform her on what happened and Tinkerbell sighed. Then Tinkerbell's face lit up and she said "You are suppose to meet Little John today! You could use that as an excuse to go over there.". I ask in a awkward manner "I just walk over there and knock on his door?". Tinkerbell nods still smiling and hands me a note with numbers on it. I start to smile at how happy Tinkerbell is. Tinkerbell's smile wears off and she says "You should go before it gets too late.". I stand up and so does Tinkerbell. I hug her and say "Thank you.". Tinkerbell hugs me back and she says "No problem!". We both release from the hug and I walk out of Granny's smiling.

______________________________________________________

:) I hope you like it.