Back In Time Pt. 2

Previously...

Here Lies
Braedey 'Octavius' Diana

Died
September 7th, 1885
~*~*~
-Erected In Eternal Memory
By His Beloved Clarabel
-Shot In The Back By Scarlet Valentine
Over A Matter Of $80

"GUYS!! COME HERE!! QUICK!" Wonder Woman screamed out to the others, and they run over to the Amazonian warrior.

"Diana, what's wrong?" Hawkgirl asked.

"You look like you've just seen a ghost." Superman added.

"I just did, guys." Diana whispered, and this made Superman looked confused. He walked around, and saw what is written on the tombstone.

"By the Gods!!" Superman said in shock, staggering back in fright, whilst the others looked also.

"Look at this." Diana reads what's on the tombstone. "'Died September 7th, 1885'. That's one week after he wrote the letter!"

"'Erected in eternal memory by his beloved Clarabel.'" The Flash then stood on the grave. "Who in the heck is Clarabel?!"

"Don't stand there, Wally!" Diana screamed out, and the speedy human then jumped off Braedey's grave.

Batman looked at the tombstone, reading on how the Amazonian somehow perished. "'Shot in the back...by Scarlet Valentine...over a matter of $80?'"

Diana turned to Batman with a look of horror on her face. "What kind of future do you call that?!" She screamed in his face.

"We need to find out who's Valentine." Superman told them, and with that, the heroes headed off to the public library in the dead of night, whilst The Flash tries to push and pull the train to the workshop.

~*~*~
(Metropolis Library)

At the Metropolis Library, the Justice League were looking through anything and everything about anyone who has the name 'Scarlet Valentine' in their name. Since their modern day equipment in the Watchtower doesn't have anything about 1885, they needed to go to the library to check data. After a few minutes, Hawkgirl found something.

"Here it is." Hawkgirl opened up a profile book, and turned to the page of Valentine. "Okay. I found something. 'Scarlet Valentine was a notorious gunslinging woman, whose beautiful looks and sex appeal, earned her the nickname 'Poisonous Beauty'. She was quick on the trigger, and bragged she killed 25 men, not including Indians or even China men'."

"Does it mention Braedey? Is he one of the 25?" Diana asked from the other side of the library.

"Hold on a second. 'However, this claim can't be substantiated since precise records were not kept, after Valentine shot a newspaper editor who printed an unfavourable story about her in 1884'." Hawkgirl sighed in frustration. "That's why we can't find a thing about her."

Just then, Superman looked through some old photos in an old album, and found something shocking. "Guys, look at this!" He ran up to them with the photo. It showed Braedey, in 1885 clothing with a Western hat, and in front of the clock that is now in the old courthouse in town. The date stamped on it was 'September 5th, 1885'.