Back In Time Pt. 3

Previously...

"Well, I guess Miss Benson will have to find other transportation." Braedey turned to them. "If I don't meet a woman, there's no possibility for a romantic infatuation, right?"

"You're the doc, Braedey." Clark nodded.

"But, what's the best solution to get the locomotive back to 88?" Batman asked. "We managed to use 3 miles of track in the modern time, but where can we find that amount of track?"

Braedey turned to the Dark Knight, and smiled. "I know just the tracks." He replied.

~*~*~

"Here." Braedey pointed to a line that separates from the main track, leading to a canyon, written on a map. "This spur runs off the mainline 3.2 miles out to Benson Canyon. It's a long stretch of slightly downhill but level track, that still exists in 2016. This is where we'll do the run with the locomotive." Then, he saw something on the map. "Funny. This map calls Benson Canyon 'Balakovo Canyon'. Guess that's what they called it that back then. It's perfect: a nice long stretch that goes clear across the bridge over the canyon, you know, the one that leads off to the residential housing development."

"Yeah, Braedey. But, according to this map..." Clark pointed to the canyon on the map, seeing a problem.

"There's no bridge that leads over Benson Canyon." Diana then pointed out.

~*~*~

"Well, Braedey

"Well, Braedey. That idea's scrapped." Clark sighed, as he and Braedey walked off the start of the trestle bridge that'll span the Balakovo/Benson Canyon in 1895. "We can't wait a year and a half for the bridge to get finished."

"It's perfect, Clark. You're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally." Braedey told Clark, as they walk back to their horses.

"What are you talking about?" Clark asked.

"Don't you see? The bridge will exist in 2016. It's safe and still in use." Braedey explained. "Therefore, as long as we get the locomotive up to 88mph before we hit the edge of the ravine, we'll instantaneously arrive at a point in time where the bridge is completed. We'll have track under us, and coast safely across the canyon."

Suddenly, a woman's scream get the two men's attention. They looked down over the tracks, and they saw a woman, possibly around the same age or a year older than the Amazonian, in a horse and cart, and it seemed to be out of control.

"Great Hera!" Braedey got his horse into a sprint, chasing after the horse and cart, as Clark followed suit.

Braedey raced after the cart, chasing after it like a very determined greyhound in a race would, closing the gap between him and the woman's cart, and prepared to grab her off the cart. As he got closer, he saw they were rounding the bend nearby the canyon, and there was a large rock in the way.