CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER 6
TWO PATHS

IMARI understandingly nodded

IMARI understandingly nodded. Katara you must watch yourself. Beast come disguised as your friends. Be weary who you come across, but I will try to reach you. I promise.

Katara weakly smiled but it crumbled as it turned into a twisted frown. Her grief for her home and friends ran deep through her, like she had been pieced straight into her beating heart. Katara tried to take in his words but my her just pushed it aside.

Imari stood before her as she ran her fingers once more through his mane. Until I find you again Katara. Katara said nothing but just nodded. In a darkening moment Katara felt her eyes slip shut peacefully.

In a groggy motion, slowly and reluctantly, Katara uncovered her face. She blink, close her eyes, and blink again. The like sound of the crackling fire familiarised her ears. Alyara stood by the cave wall, painting from her animal skull. She reacted immediately as she heard Katara's groan of her awakening. "You bond with lion spirit."

"A dream." She murmured. Katara knew it couldn't be real, her dream didn't feel real at all. Alyara snapped around like a whip. Carefully she crouched by Katara's side as she sat up. "No dream!" She boomed. "The spirits of the wild name you the lioness!" She said, motioning her senile Hand towards me. The dark sunspots on her olive skin reveal that she is more rugged then she seems.

"Lioness?" Katara questioned. How did she know she was supposed to be the Lioness? She was just Katara of Raava... but it did not seem so anymore.

Katara reminded her childish self. And to think of it, she was probably now 'Katara, the last of Raava'.

Her confused thoughts were cut short as Alyara cheered with pride, "yes! Lioness! Calm the spirits of the wild. Make them join your fight." Katara didn't believe her.

It was all just a dream and some loopy old shaman thought she was special. Katara did not belong to fulfilling destines already written for her, or believing in everything as soon as they are spoken.

Katara knew in her bones she was nobody of nothing and the Lioness prophecy was just a mere myth, a slither of a dream for people to have hope.

Like her sister.

Katara shook her head in doubtfulness. "No. No your wrong. I'm nothing."

Alyara looked at her in shock as her garnish smile turned into a look of sorrow for her. Sitting back down on the other side of the fire, Alyara stared at Katara before holding her gaze deeper and deeper into the heart of the flames. It almost seemed like the flames flickering could hypnotise her.

"I know you're scared, terrified of what will happen to you and your sister."  Alyara's words snagged her attention, as she watched her. "I see your fear. Clear as day. But this land brings fear to all, we are prey to beasts." She croaked softly. "But you, Katara, need not hide from them. Face this fear." She was right in a way. Katara had to face her fears if she was going to survive getting her vengeance. Alyara snapped her gaze from the fire. "You WILL be the first to tame these creatures,"  she hollered. "You are the Lioness!"