CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER 12
IN THE EYE OF THE STORM

KATARA and the guards approached the sound of wooden doors groaning agape. She knew she caught someone's attention in the arena, maybe too much attention.

Where am I?

The question madly looping through her mind. She was terrified of what was going to happen to her. After long  minutes of curious guessing of where she was, it was finally reveal to Katara. A ruff feminine hand grappled onto her hair; forcing her onto her knees on smooth stone. With a hiss, another hand ripped the blind fold off, they used to conceal her vision.

The light sounds of footsteps wandered forwarded to who ever waited and watched Katara. All she had left was to hang her head low as she gazed at the smooth stone floor. It was so clean! She could see her reflection like she was looking into a mirror. Her face was bleeding with little sweat droplets. As for her eyes hung gloomy with dark shadows of no sleep. Her lips were cracked her my eyes were glassy of so many emotions.

Katara drifted into a deep sigh. She could never control herself when she was mixed with so many emotions. The light footsteps returned at her side and the hand hosted her hair again, wincing, Katara eyes shut from the tight pain. Hulling her head up, her eyes opened to find herself within a beautiful open environment. Rich tapestries draped the walls in sensual designs. A plush looking carpet of scarlet and gold flowed across from Katara, beckoning her to fall asleep on. Decadent pillows were strewn about in a careless way.

Unfortunately, the room's splendour couldn't be completed without two men.
Or should she say a man and a dwarf.

Man and dwarf reclined against one of two ornate couches, holding polished goblets in their hands, they studied her. Katara didn't pay her attention to the copper haired half man, because he seemingly posed no threat, with his stubby legs that dangled over the couch, barley touching the floor. But The man... well he was different story. He was well build for his age. From what she saw he looked to be in his late thirties. His short cut hair was midnight black and his eyes were dark pits of obsidian fire, framed by graceful brows. He skin was tanned. He had prominent cheekbones and a well-defined chin and nose.

Outside the room a loud clash of steel wined in the air and was followed with loud eruptive cheers. The cheers lead Katara's gaze to see the room over look a huge sand arena, surrounded by crowds seated all around the arena. A female gladiator had just thruster her katana into her now deceased opponent. But this couldn't be any men in front of her. Her heart fell from a cliff. She was in the presence of the Gisscar brothers.

"Like what you see." A pure southerns voice from beyond The Jade expanse. It was like velvet impaling Katara's incoming train of thoughts. Snapping her head in the direction of the two men, a fearless light glare, masked her shock. The dwarf sat quietly with his similar eyes to the man, calculating as he studied her. Not with carnal desire but with wonder. The man stood as he gave his goblet of wine to a passing servant. His hellfire eyes met her, locked and studying Katara with deliberate sensuality. The left side of his faint lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on his god like face as he stalked forward like the king of all predators.

"Girls, you did well this time."

The women who prevented Katara from slapping the man's smirk off, either nodded obediently, or completely flushed with red blush. "We found her brawling with a street gang. We thought maybe you would need new blood to fight. And she did well for her first time." A manly woman said from Katara's right. So she was to be sold to be have use of fighting. Katara rolled her eyes. "Who are you?" She lied. She knew exactly who he was. He could only be the man who owned all of the Stormborn Arenas with his dwarf brother. He was Phoebus Gisscar and his younger dwarf brother was Aries Gisscar.