CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER 10
UNBOWED

REINER ordered for his steed to be readied for him

His selected soldiers were in formation, as Lena came prancing upon her mare on his right wing. Her armour glimmered with fresh polish as her cloak bellowed behind her like a ghost.

"Your information of where the map is, better be correct, Reiner." Lena ravelled with something wicked in her thoughts. It was clearly glowing in those dangerous eyes of hers. "I wouldn't want to spill the crazy hag's blood on my freshly polished armour."

Reiner saw the sun catch her teeth in the rays. A predatory veiled matched well with her striking features. If today was not the day they found the map, Reiner prayed the soldiers in the cities better capture the last Raava girl. Reiner smiled smugly but inside he was dreading to go see the old woman for the first time in years. It felt like a ship anchor, dragging him slowly down to the deep of who he was going to face.

The twist in his stomach made him uncomfortable in his own armour. Like it was a infestation of beetles wriggling on him. He wanted his armour ripped off, but he just shivered it off.

For five days Reiner and Lena rode in lead together as the troops marched in formation behind them. Their footsteps ploughed through the grasses but all together they weren't fast enough to reach their destination in a day. At the beginning Reiner knew it was going to at least take two or three days to get there but he was in no hurry, so every morning when they were packing up camp, he took his time with everything. He couldn't bring himself to see that hag once more.

His sword Vanquisher clung to his side as it bounced with the clinking sound of blood that it could spilled. They rode into the sea of dead trees that began to envelope around them all. The Bloodhound Twins had their horses on tight reins as they began to resist entering the eerie fog that seemed to be watching them and soldiers every move.

Reiner had his hand readied to reach for his sword. Something wasn't right and Lena knew as well.

A cackle echoed all around them. From the south, from west and then finally the insane witch came pondering out from the fog. Nothing marked her that she was warmly going to welcome them; oh no Alyara would curse and scream at them all, screaming at Reiner and Lena that they were vile, foul creatures of Valarus but instead she said nothing and looked the twins over throughly with her fog like eye.

Lena grinned ear to ear as Alyara met Lena's predatory eyes. Reiner watched as his sister was sharply going to strike with some sarcastic hiss..

Reiner was wrong.

Gently as she put her sharp words together, Lena purred with a feline flex of her hand.