Living in the Moment

Back to an interview prince did on a Dutch tv show in 1999 when he was known as "O(+>", he mentioned he didn't celebrate birthdays which stopped him from counting days which stopped him from counting time which allowed him to look the same as he did 10 years prior to the interview. If you constantly keep track of how much time particularly, days until your birthday you tend to feel and slightly look older because you have that idea stuck on your head that each year you're getting older, whereas if you don't count time left until your birthday you tend to look and feel young and or the same. That's just my interpretation of what he said. For me I already look and feel young and frankly I hardly think about my age thanks to Prince for the life hack he gave out hahahaha. He was the kind of guy who lived in the now because it kept him young and I think we should all follow his example.

Notice how Prince's hairstyle changed throughout his life from when he was a kid with the Afro, to perming it, to the Jheri curl, to cutting it short, then back to an afro in the end. It's like he came in full circle, it makes me sad at times and It's not the same watching Purple Rain knowing that's he's physically gone but, I try to think as many happy thoughts as I can and listening to the music always keeps me in a happy mood, excluding Sometimes It Snows in April. Like I said before In the previous paragraph, we as a whole should start living in the now everyday and to move forward with optimism. I'm sure The Purple One Would've wanted that.